HOST - POSITION SUMMARY:
The Visitor Center Guest Relations Host is responsible for providing a kind welcome to each visitor to Domaine Carneros, and for ensuring that our guests understand our wine service, our floor plan and any other information which will enhance their visit. The Host will serve as a reservations agent for our Visitor Center and Chateau Society Wine Club, assisting guests on the telephone or in person in making reservations. The Host will also greet walk-in guests, enter their contact information into the booking system and assist in seating them.
• Graciously greets visitors at the front entrance; provides a warm welcome and an explanation of our wine service and floor plan
• Assists guests with reservations on the telephone or in person; enters reservation information into the booking system
• Assists in seating guests with the table management software; updates information on table status when there is a wait time quoted in order to expedite service
• Provides information about the winery, tastings, events, and takes reservations for public tours
• Follows up with upcoming reservations to confirm bookings or manage duplicates
• Assist in maintaining the appearance of the concierge station, all tastings mats/menus, and the general upkeep of the tasting area as needed.
CASHIER - POSITION SUMMARY:
The Cashiers are responsible for supporting the VC servers and our visitors in a fast-paced, high traffic environment with maximum accuracy and efficiency. They process customer monetary transactions and are accountable for balancing assigned cash registers and assisting in customer queries.
SOME OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Operates the cash register with particular attention to accuracy of transactions; learns procedures for processing cash, checks, gift certificates, promotional coupons, etc.
• Ability to multi-task while managing transactions and interacting with the service staff
• Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate check-in locations
• Assists wine club members in fulfilling wine club pick-up orders
• Answers customer inquiries about Domaine Carneros wines, assists walk-in customers with purchases of wine and retail items
• Maintains the retail stock levels as well as the organization and cleanliness of the retail, register and lobby areas.
• Experience in a fast-paced, high volume, high-end hospitality environment
• Warm, welcoming and gracious demeanor, calm under pressure with confident decision making
• Excellent spoken and written English skills
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Clean and professional appearance - Domaine Carneros is styled in classic French, traditional, understated elegance. Therefore, it is imperative that our staff’s attire should reflect professionalism, classic styles and simplicity and adherence to our dress code is extremely important.
• Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends, and holidays as necessary.
• Intermediate computer skills
• Knowledge of the Napa and Sonoma Valley and local attractions
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position. Work conditions in certain areas of the vineyard, winery, and Visitor Center are cold, wet, slippery and/or noisy.
Frequent walking, including over uneven ground and climbing up and down stairs and ladders are required. Ability to stand & walk for extended periods of time on hard floors, frequently bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed, sometimes for extended periods, and to occasionally lift and carry heavy items up to 40 pounds (may be aided).