As a part of the Wilson Artisan Wineries family, the Tasting Room Sales Associate at deLorimier Winery is responsible for providing the front line guest experience by developing relationships that promote the sale of wine and creates brand loyalty.
The number one goal, day in and out, is to ensure that our customers enjoy the best experience possible, which results in building our brand and increasing our wine club membership and wine sales. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service and sales skills and possess a positive, "can-do" attitude. The schedule for this position is Thursday through Monday. This is a full-time position with competitive base pay, sales incentives and a comprehensive benefit program.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences that will build brand loyalty
• Communicate in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests in the tasting room
• Grow wine club sign-ups on a daily basis
• Maintain winery physical setting to reinforce standards of the brand by ensuring that displays of wine products are attractive and well-maintained
• ID guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol
• Serve samples of wine for guests in both individual and group settings
• Share appropriate information and educate guests about the deLorimier wines, brand history and sister wineries
• Promote the sale of wine products in the tasting room, pursue sales opportunities and encourage customers to buy deLorimier wines and join our wine club
• Accurately use POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory
• Accurately complete end of day reports and reconcile daily sales and post transactions
• Demonstrate personal accountability by following all company policies and procedures
• Perform opening and closing procedures, which includes but is not limited to: setup and breakdown of tables, chairs, umbrellas and all items related to the operation of the tasting room
• Ensure cleanliness and perform facility housekeeping of the winery grounds and tasting room (includes outdoor areas, the tasting bar, and restrooms)
• Maintain physical inventory of merchandise items, and perform the restocking of wine in the tasting room
• Ensure the tasting menu is accurate and up-to-date
• Demonstrate initiative and willingness to work events and special projects
• Work closely with Sales Manager, Wine Club & Hospitality Coordinator and other Tasting Room staff
• Business to business outreach – by phone and in person.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• First-hand knowledge and appreciation of wine and wine-related topics
• Winery experience preferred
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak in front of people
• Strong retail sales and customer service experience: ability to present product, up sell & cross sell
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office and point-of-sale applications; Wine Direct is a plus
• Database management and data entry experience a plus
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be available to work weekends and occasional holidays as required and extended hours in order to complete the job
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
• Must be a team player and maintain a positive disposition
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift/move/carry 50lbs. on a regular basis
High School diploma or GED.
Responsible server certificate preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made (if available) to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a combination of a tasting room and outdoor environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events may have higher level of noise at times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate multiple projects or tasks; the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to operate a register and pour wine, hear and speak to exchange information, taste and smell. Frequently required to stand, move, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer. This job description may change.