How does a Harvest Cellar Worker Assist in the Winemaking Process?
Work side by side with cellar staff in grape and wine processing and finishing operations. Assists in crushing, fermentation, blending, barrel aging, finishing and storage of all products produced at the winery.
A Harvest Cellar Worker at Constellation Brands May Include the Following Tasks:
* Clean, sanitize and sterilize equipment, apply general housekeeping practices, carry out reductive handling/Non-Oxidative techniques, carry out of shoveling tanks, measuring and calculating routine workplace data.
* Carry out product transfer operations, operate the red fermenter pump over or punch down equipment, carry out bulk wine shipping and receiving operations, prepare and make additions/ finings and SO2 adds.
* Assist with operating chilling and warming equipment.
* Perform fermentation support operations.
* Apply correct wine sampling techniques and assist with tracking and wine quality.
* Carry out inert gas handling in transfer processes.
* May assist with operating the crush equipment.
* Will work in confined spaces
* May work with lab personnel to test samples and track daily routine analysis on wines and juices.
* Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
* Some production experience in cellar, operations, processing or related is preferred, but not required.
* Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
* Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision when required
* Good communication skills - oral and written
* Work outdoors/indoors
* Work in warm/cold climates
* Work in high places
* Work on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. This position has the possibility of weekend work, working a later shift or long hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
St. Helena, California
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).