Napa Valley Distillery is the first distillery in the city of Napa since Prohibition and the only distillery in Napa Valley. We are pioneers of direct to consumer craft-spirits tastings and sales in California and a leader in the cocktail culture of Napa Valley.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing person with exceptional work ethic and sales skills to join our team. If you have a passion for craft spirits, cocktails and distilling or are willing to learn from Napa Valley's premier distillery, we suggest you apply.
If hired, you will go through our training program and then conduct educational tours and tastings, sell our award-winning craft spirits, cocktail essentials and sign-up new Bar Club members at both of our locations in downtown Napa.
For your FULL-TIME services, you will get paid an above average hourly rate, plus commissions and bonuses. Most importantly, you with learn while you work for a company that values the contributions of it's dedicated staff.
• Provide a unique and engaging experience for our guests that promotes and builds brand loyalty, spirits/products sales, Bar Club sign-ups and hospitality.
• Effectively and consistently educate and enroll guests in our Bar Club program.
• Conduct tours and pour tastings of our spirits and describe each product properly. (we'll show you how)
• Accurately and consistently process all sales transactions via an iPad based POS system which includes shipping orders, transactions and special product discounts.
• Thoroughly perform all tasting room opening and/or closing responsibilities which include but are not limited to stocking, folding, cleaning, sweeping and emptying per established protocols and processes
• Answer phones and assist with inquiries to include tasting appointment scheduling, phone sales and concierge
• Assist in the stocking and organization of all merchandise on the retail floor
• Available to work weekends and most holidays
• 1+ years tasting room experience preferred, but not required.
• Strong sales experience and knowledge of spirits or cocktails preferred, but not required.
• Experience in a retail setting preferred, but not required.
• Strong customer service and hospitality acumen. 21+ years of age.
• Impeccable communication skills (written and oral)
• Technical proficiency with point of sales software and money handling
• Ability to multi-task (experience in a busy tasting room setting preferred)
• A good general knowledge & understanding of spirits, cocktails, cocktail ingredients and the spirits industry
• Familiarity with the Napa Valley and its tourist/hospitality attractions (restaurants, hotels, wineries, points of interest, etc.)
• Familiarity with basic food & cocktails
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment with a selfless commitment to the customer
• Self-starter with an ability to anticipate and pro-actively accomplish tasks
• Ability to lift 20-30 lbs. required