Rooted in rebellion. Committed to passion.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018, Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide. In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American wines such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, as well as the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve. Recently, Fetzer Vineyards entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey.
We are looking for a District Manager, Central Texas to carry on our vision as we continue to innovate and introduce new brands to the market. As you identify opportunities for our proven domestic brands such as Bonterra, Fetzer and 1000 Stories, as well as iconic imports from global winery Viña Concha y Toro such as Don Melchor and Casillero del Diablo from Chile and Trivento from Argentina, you will be responsible for the daily management of our wine brands in the distributor network throughout the Austin, San Antonio and Corpus Christi areas. As district manager, you will be accountable for customer interaction in all channels of business—On Premise/Off Premise/Chains.You will work independently, with other Fetzer employees, such as chain and national/regional account managers and with distributor personnel.
This is a virtual, home office based role with the ideal candidate located in Austin or surrounding areas with secondary preference to San Antonio. This role entails extensive driving within the field in order to visit accounts, do workwiths and attend distributor meetings. Travel will be approximately 15% throughout the Southwest Region.
Planning and Execution:
• Develops short-term business plan and targets in alignment with the annual plan.
• Manages distributors to achieve state / regional goals, including shipments, depletions and distribution; fully owns goals for all states assigned.
• Manages distributor execution of marketing programs, selling strategies across all channels in a state.
• Maintains appropriate inventory levels to achieve annual program goals.
• Manages and develops distributors’ capabilities to adopt and implement brand strategies.
• Travels to service accounts or multiple markets.
Monitoring and Measuring:
• Provides accurate and timely business intelligence including market forecasts for territory.
• Takes an active role in assessing distributor performance with the Regional Manager.
• Sets display goals and tracks display activity with distributor.
• Coordinates completion of priority reports with distributors; scheduled sales, spending, programming, pricing, new distribution, etc.
• Uses analytical tools and marketing data to determine priorities and develops presentations to distributors.
Team Development and Communications
• Cultivates cross departmental relationships within the company to carry out Fetzer’s brand strategies.
• Fosters a harmonious and productive workplace and assists in conflict resolution procedures if required.
• Participates in creating a culture of teamwork with internal and external stakeholders.
• Positively contributes to the achievement of individual and team objectives and goals.
• Contributes, through regular meetings, to the constant evaluation, development, and improvement of all procedures relating to distributor interface.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing or related field from an accredited college with a minimum two - three years progressive experience, or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Practical selling experience in food and beverage industry.
• Proven success in wine/adult beverage industry sales and account management experience including retail trade, on/off premise accounts, and independent liquor stores.
• Strong verbal and written communicator who can articulate clear images and messages through words, public speaking and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the highest level of integrity.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Valid driver’s license. Overnight travel, weekend and evening work as required.
• Travel throughout region required – approximately 15% of the time.
• Nielsen/IRI information experience, a plus.
• Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus, but not required.
• Wine education or certification, a plus.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
Our California winery operation includes Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of vineyard locations. The company employs approximately 330 across the United States.
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry: apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.