Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018, Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide. In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American wines such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, as well as the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve. Recently, Fetzer Vineyards entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate data entry of all invoices and expense statements into the SAP system in order to process payment. Activities include the data entry, organization, filing and distributing checks and payment vouchers. You will work closely with the Accounts Payable Supervisor and be part of the headquarters finance and accounting team.
Accounts Payable & Expense Processing – 75%
• Responsible for the timely processing of accounts payable documents such as invoices, purchase orders and expense reports. Check invoices for proper coding, vendor numbers. Process invoices according to payment terms and assign appropriate payment method such as check, wire, etc.
• Utilize the Concur system to obtain invoice approval for multiple users.
• Handle check distribution activities such as copying, attaching backup, folding/sealing, mailing and filing documents according to established practices.
General Accounting Support – 25%
• Support the accounting team with various tasks such as: filing journal entries; data entry; organization; file and document retention; gathering and preparing audit documents and other projects or duties as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree in business or related field or high school diploma plus 1+ years related data entry and/or business office or customer service experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and 0-1+ years experience.
• Requires the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts including distributors, sales, vendors, agency representatives and employees of all levels.
• Proficient in computer applications such as Excel, Word, database/data entry systems, internet and email.
• Ability to maintain accurate documentation and perform quality work with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Commitment to safety excellence and producing work of the highest quality.
• Knowledge and ability to effectively use office equipment such as phone, fax, calculator, copy machine, scanner, etc.
• Proficient at general office skills such as business etiquette, typing, 10-key, filing, etc.
• Prior experience in accounts payable or general accounting operations, a plus.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish, preferred but not required.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
Our multi-site California winery operation includes Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of farmed vineyard locations. The company employs nearly 330 across the U.S.
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449 Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people located at the start of the Redwoods of Northern California. It is about a two hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry and send your resume to: http://FetzerVineyards.appone.com. Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable), and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.