Golden State is hiring for a Packaging Technician I at our Cidery in Healdsburg.
Under direct supervision:
• Prepares and stages packaging materials and equipment for can and keg production
• Operates packaging applicator to ensure smooth delivery of can packs
• Assists in the operation of canning and kegging lines and all packaging systems
• Packs out packaged can products including casing and palletizing, pallet wrapping, pallet jacking, and forklift operation
• Operates seam analysis equipment and software
• Operates pressure washer to maintain cidery floors, clean keg and tank exteriors
• Operates pumps to perform Tank CIP protocols, as well as clean/sanitize pumps and hoses to maintain sanitary work space
• Understands, handles, and uses pressurized gasses
• Assists in maintaining a clean and orderly cidery and warehouse environment
• Accurately and clearly obtains, records, and conveys production numbers and analytics to management
• Assists in performing packaging equipment preventative maintenance (PM) schedule
• Follows GSC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and adheres to and advances good safety practices
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The work environment is usually that of a winery.
• The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
• The employee regularly works around alcohol, high voltage electricity, hot water, and steam.
• The employee must work to further the sanitary environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 165 lbs. to waist height
• Ability to work on a platform ladder at heights up to 20 feet.
• Must be able to participate in critical assessment of ciders.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in a cidery, winery, or brewery preferred, but not necessary
• High School Diploma, GED, or two years of work-related experience.
• Forklift Certification and proven ability to safely operate a forklift, scissor lift, and pallet jack
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including extended hours and overtime as needed
• Good reading, writing, and mathematical skills
• Demonstrated ability to understand and follow directions, as well as listen and communicate with co-workers
• Strong and proven work ethic, and ability to multi-task workload
• Commitment to excellence in an ever-evolving, exciting field of work
• 21+ years of age
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR GOLDEN STATE CIDER
Golden State Cider has been independently and proudly producing our hard cider in Sonoma County, California since 2012. Our team is unlike any other, it takes a village to make what we believe is the epitome of California-style cider. Here are some of the reasons we think Golden State is a pretty rad place to call home:
For a fairly fresh company, we offer an incredible benefits package. Golden State Cider pays for our employee's Medical, Dental and Vision coverage - In Full - 100%.
Crew members may add dependents to their policies with the premiums for dependents being deducted from regular payroll on a pre-tax basis.
In addition to a generous Health Care package, Golden State Cider recognizes the importance of our team member's overall health and wellbeing and provides a wellness allowance of up to $100.00 per month which can be used towards a variety of things that promote physical activity, wellness and work-life balance. The goal of the Wellness allowance is to provide Golden State Cider employees as many options and as much flexibility as possible to find an activity which promotes aerobic exercise, flexibility, strength training as well as emotional health including coverage for passes to Regional, State or National Parks.
Paid Time Off
As part of our commitment to our employees' health and wellbeing, Golden State recognizes the need for work/life balance as well as the value of rest and relaxation. We begin our offering with seven Paid Holidays per year. In addition, we offer six days of paid Sick leave per year. As for our Paid Vacation package, Golden State offers three weeks of paid vacation during an employee's first year with tier increases annually.
Cider is our passion, it's in every part of our culture and we love to share it with our employees through our allotment program ~ just another perk of the job!
To apply please visit: https://goldenstatecider.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=31