We are hiring for a Cellar Technician I at our Cidery located in Healdsburg, CA.
Under Direct Supervision: Understands, follows, and completes work orders to perform the following:
• Operates pumps and flow meters to receive bulk juice, stir tanks, perform rackings, and blend final products
• Prepares chemical additions for yeast pitching, fining, and finishing products
• Assists the operation of cellar processing equipment including centrifuge and filters
Under Little to No Supervision:
• Performs equipment CIP protocols including tank cleaning, and hose/pump sanitation
• Performs general cleaning tasks including the pressure washing of cidery floors and tank exteriors
• Follows Cellar Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and adheres to safe cellar practices
• Manages job load and multi-tasks several jobs at once
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently talk, hear, feel, taste, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to work on a platform ladder at heights up to 20 feet.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to participate in critical assessment of ciders.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The work environment is usually that of a winery.
• The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
• The employee regularly works around alcohol, high voltage electricity, hot water, and steam.
• The employee must work to further the sanitary environment.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a cidery, winery, or brewery environment
• High School Diploma, GED, or three years of work-related experience. Higher Education preferred
• Forklift Certification and proven ability to safely operate a forklift, scissor lift, and pallet jack
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including extended hours and overtime as needed
• Good reading, writing, and mathematical skills
• Demonstrated ability to understand and follow directions, as well as listen and communicate with co-workers
• Strong and proven work ethic
• Commitment to excellence in an ever-evolving, exciting field of work
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR GOLDEN STATE CIDER
Golden State Cider has been independently and proudly producing our hard cider in Sonoma County, California since 2012. Our team is unlike any other, it takes a village to make what we believe is the epitome of California-style cider. Here are some of the reasons we think Golden State is a pretty rad place to call home:
For a fairly fresh company, we offer an incredible benefits package. Golden State Cider pays for our employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage – In Full - 100%.
Crew members may add dependents to their policies with the premiums for dependents being deducted from regular payroll on a pre-tax basis.
In addition to a generous Health Care package, Golden State Cider recognizes the importance of our team member’s overall health and wellbeing and provides a wellness allowance of up to $100.00 per month which can be used towards a variety of things that promote physical activity, wellness and work-life balance. The goal of the Wellness allowance is to provide Golden State Cider employees as many options and as much flexibility as possible to find an activity which promotes aerobic exercise, flexibility, strength training as well as emotional health including coverage for passes to Regional, State or National Parks.
Paid Time Off
As part of our commitment to our employees’ health and wellbeing, Golden State recognizes the need for work/life balance as well as the value of rest and relaxation. We begin our offering with seven Paid Holidays per year. In addition, we offer six days of paid Sick leave per year. As for our Paid Vacation package, Golden State offers three weeks of paid vacation during an employee’s first year with tier increases annually.
Cider is our passion, it’s in every part of our culture and we love to share it with our employees! Each employee is allotted two (24) pack Cases of tasty, crisp cider per month ~ just another perk of the job!