We are an established Australian winery seeking a North American Market Manager. Success hinges upon ensuring the continued health and further growth of our emerging Canadian business, and then pivots towards building sales in the USA. Sales growth is to be achieved while maintaining and strengthening the overall in-market positions and perceptions of our brand and reputation as a premium wine producer.
This senior position shall work closely with and report to the General Manager - Export.
The winery’s name will be revealed during the interview process.
Key success factors for the role:
1. Experience and knowledge of both Canada and US wine market structures and trading dynamics so as to be able to settle rapidly into this multi-disciplinary role, thus achieving annual sales growth and profit targets across the territory in line with company budgets in the immediate term and delivering defined long-term strategic results.
2. Development of strong contacts with management and key sales personnel within key distributor organizations, together evolving the plans and initiatives that deliver ongoing growth and sales success.
3. Willingness to travel frequently to key markets, agents and customers for face-to-face business planning and Distributor team meetings.
4. Utilize strong strategic thinking and planning capabilities to develop Canadian Province, and US State-specific business plans to grow wine sales with particular focus upon key Provinces and States as identified in company strategic planning documents.
5. Adhere to defined brand positions for each tier within the winery, to ensure continued brand health, whilst maximizing opportunities in all channels.
6. Be an ambassador for the winery and Australian wine overall in the North American market.
• Achievement of annual Canadian sales targets
• Achievement of annual USA sales targets
• In conjunction with agents/importers, develop robust Distribution, Pricing, Sales and Promotional Plans for key Canadian Provinces
• Grow Distribution and Sales in USA according to agreed Strategic Plan goals
• Adhere to defined brand positions for each tier within the Wakefield brand range to ensure strong brand health, whilst maximising opportunities in all channels.
• Be an ambassador for the winery and Australian wine overall within North American wine markets.
• Ability to build market-appropriate business plans for the diverse individual Canadian provincial and unique USA wine market.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key trading partners.
• Flexibility to adapt to changes in trading environment so as to continue to draw the best from all situations.
• Strong team-oriented work ethic, so as to maximize relationship with key partners across the territory and within the company.
• Clear, concise and timely communications skills.
• Willingness to be accountable for all personal actions and results within the region.
• Strong commitment to the development and success of the winery and Australian wines in the Canadian/USA markets
• Strong industry knowledge in all key markets
• Effective presentation and sales skills
• Strong analytical thinking capability
• High level of computer literacy
Compensation & benefits package
• Competitive base salary + bonus
• Medical and dental benefits
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Travel and expense