Wine Retail District Manager: Statewide
This position leads the overall effort to maximize sales, distribution and profitability within the assigned area. The District Manager assists assigned Sales Associates in planning, organizing, directing schedules and evaluating the work of direct reports. The District Manager is also responsible for compliance of Company standards and policies in all areas impacted by the assigned division.
• Plan, execute & achieve division goals and objectives for sales, product distribution and service.
• Work with sales team to secure new business and building on existing accounts.
• Identify, target and develop potential new accounts within assigned territory.
• Identify opportunities to increase sales, profitability, efficiency and service levels.
• Provide market and competitive information to sales team as it pertains to sales strategy decisions.
• Ensure optimal and maximum utilization of promotional programs and company resources.
• Plan, organize and facilitate trade shows.
• Work with State Manager to evaluate compliance to company standards and identify coaching opportunities.
• Assist in the selection, indoctrination and training of sales personnel within the division.
• Ensure route coverage at all times, monitor vacations and cover routes on as-needed basis.
• Schedule/prepare weekly sales meetings
• Review, evaluate and motivate assigned sales personnel as required.
• Submit all paperwork/reports on or before assigned deadlines
• Performs other work related duties as assigned.
• Communicate regularly with managers, customers, sales force, et. al. to stay current on market-wide business trends and developments.
Supervisory Responsibilities: All Sales Associates within territory.
• 3 to 4 years proven managerial experience
• 3 to 4 year proven sales experience
• College degree preferred
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Flexibility to work extended hours as needed, including late nights and weekends
• Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office, specifically with email (for communication), Word (for letters, reviews, etc.) and Excel (data manipulation and/or data gathering) and Power Point for presentations.
• Valid state driver’s license and safe driving record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Regular and sustained periods of exertion requiring ability to lift carry and position product using proper body mechanics.
• Significant periods of time spent sitting in vehicle, traveling to accounts within assigned territory.
• Exposure to variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting and noise as determined by driving conditions.
To Apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=pinestatet&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US