The Supply Chain Analyst will partner with our strategic suppliers to help develop and execute a purchasing plan by verifying, preparing, and submitting purchase orders and verifying receipt of items. Develop a long-term relationship with our supplier partners to ensure a consistent source of finished goods. Be a source for knowledge on the product itself, how it is manufactured, and all aspects related to delivery and logistics. Work with customer service and sales to ensure all purchase order details are clear and entered in a timely manner to ensure customer delivery dates are met. Works with suppliers to update delivery dates as needed, and proactively inform the customer service and sales teams of production delays. Maintains, improves and updates the purchasing procedures and ensures that all purchasing activities adhere to the approved processes.
• Familiarize with products and share knowledge with the various functional areas.
• Process purchase orders and work closely with suppliers to ensure customer delivery dates are met.
• Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipment or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
• Ensure defective, obsolete or unwanted products are returned or disposed in a timely manner.
• Proactively communicate with suppliers on status of outstanding orders, as well as, discrepancies with quality and quantity.
• Work closely with suppliers to determine ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
• Provide daily communication with CSR’s regarding container/order deliveries.
• Work with CSR’s, Graphic Designer and Sales Team to get artwork files and color swatch samples approved.
• Manage sample library for respective product groups.
• Assist in managing artwork and technical specifications for orders.
• Maintain pricing and lead time templates from suppliers.
• Create and manage container and air freight documents in ERP system.
• Enter all details pertaining to nonconformities.
• Manage levels of stock product held at Cork Supply’s warehouse.
• Work closely with sales team to achieve desired customer quality and specification for customer samples.
• Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to, other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance
• CPIM or APICS certification preferred.
• Knowledge of supply chain management principles, practices and skills.
• Ability to speak Spanish and/or French a Plus.
• Graphic design experience and knowledge of Illustrator software preferred, but not required.
• Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Experience with Microsoft Navision Dynamics or similar ERP systems.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and undertake a wide variety of diverse tasks that support the heart of our sales force and customers
• Flexible and able to work well under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as, outside customers and suppliers in a fast-paced environment.
• All duties assigned, not limited to Supply Chain.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time and work at a computer workstation.
• Ability to work long hours to meet deadlines.
• Comply with GMP/Food Safety rules, regulations, procedures, policies, guidelines that apply to CSU.