Independent craft producers B. Wise Vineyards is looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented cellar worker to be part of the production team for our 2019 harvest.
We have position(s) in both Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley.
Job Duties to include but will not be limited to:
• Assist in sorting and processing fruit.
• Tank sanitation and cleaning equipment and winery.
• Perform pump over, punch down, take Brix and temp readings, additions and inoculations.
• Work with barrels: cleaning and sanitation, painting, filling, racking, battonage and topping.
Candidates must have strong communication skills, be motivated, able to multi-task, have experience working with pumps, able to work long hours and odd shifts, experience and proficiency driving a forklift, and have a valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED equivalent required AND at least 1-2 harvest position or previous cellar work.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Pull 100 pounds at least twenty feet
• Stand for prolonged periods of time
• Climb ladders and stairs, stoop, bend, lift overhead, and kneel.
• Required to roll, move, and/or lift 60 gallon wine barrels.
MUST BE ABLE TO STAY FOR THE ENTIRE HARVEST DURATION (August through December )
We do not provide housing or transportation but can help with both. Competitive hourly pay, dependent on experience. Learn about fine wine production in active environment. 40-hour work weeks until grapes start coming in then at least 48 hour work weeks.