If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
Responsible for building Constellation Brands business with the trade, developing distributor relationships within the specified marketplace and providing leadership to the Field Sales Managers in the region to deliver on company's sales objectives and goals.
Sales Planning and Process, Business Strategy
* Develop and achieve region sales performance targets
* Ensure sales processes are fully implemented and practiced by all
* Develop annual Collaborative Business Plans, Periodic Tactical Business Plans, and appropriately partner with Field Sales Managers on the management of Collaborative Business Plans.
* Monitor YTD progress vs. plan and monitors team's performance against plan; conduct weekly progress checks of distributor performance.
* Set expectations with key distributor personnel on distribution, shipments, and other sales activities
* Develop pricing strategies through review of (CPRs) competitive pricing reports
* Responsible for communicating Constellation Brands brand strategy, standards and prioritization to Constellation Brands Sales Team; including appropriate focus on fine wine, off premise and on premise business
* Negotiate, design and execute regional promotional plan
* Effective communication with Constellation Brands departments including channel, finance, marketing and S&OP
* Manage product launches: pricing, inventory, execution strategy, tracking, and measurement
* Ensure CORE standards and guidelines are followed
In Market Activities and Relationship Development
* Participate and advise in business development matters, including sales calls, market blitzes and provide in-market Leadership to Constellation Brands and distributor sales teams
* Work directly with key on and off premise customers and maintain direct contact with key accounts within region
* Foster and leverage strong personal relationships with all levels of distributor and account management including ownership
* Partner with and provide strategic recommendations to Promotions, Brand Marketing, and Trade Marketing teams
* Participate in Company project teams as necessary
* Utilize and encourage your team to utilize Compass and other company communication and collaboration tools.
Financial Administrations and Analysis
* Deliver annual sales plan and manage the budget
* Provide market intelligence to Sales Operations Manager (SOM) to perform break-even analysis on programming (as applicable)
* Review and approve POS/MAP requests in excess of Field Sales Manager approved allocations
* Plan and oversight of non-price budget. Negotiate budget with distributor and manage through FSMs
* Provide S&OP input, forecasting and product allocation
* Review and approve concur, pricing and non-price requests and partner appropriately with Trade Marketing, Finance and the SOM
* Review/manage distributor spending/banks and A/R reconciliation, in compliance to specific contractual agreements and company guidelines
* Review and approve SIP requests
* Communicate competitive market changes and trends to appropriate Constellation Brands functions (Marketing, PR, Strategic Insights, Channel)
People Management and Development
* Source, hire, coach, develop and manage performance of team members
* Network and identify outside talent for potential opportunities within Constellation Brands
* Succession Planning
* Participate in National Sales Meeting and other training initiatives, including leadership training, wine education, systems training, etc
* Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent work experience
* 7-10 years of sales, marketing experience or general management experience
* Effective communication and team building skills required
* Strong computer skills necessary
* Ability to influence and persuade others to manage business effectively
* Proven track record in team performance
* Strong analytical and analysis skills required
* Effective understanding of budgeting creation and management
* Distributor knowledge highly preferred
* Develop Self & Others
* Communicate Effectively
* Collaborate and Be Inclusive
* Be Agile
* Drive Results
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
* Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance stairs/ladders
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
* Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
* Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of t