Darcie Kent Vineyards is seeking a motivated individual to fill our harvest intern position. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on winery experience at a premium, family owned winery in the beautiful Livermore Valley.
Darcie Kent Vineyards is one of the few full-production wineries in Livermore, allowing interns to get valuable experience in many different aspects of production, including hand harvesting, sorting, cap management, and other vital tasks. We are a small team that works hard but has fun, including regular harvest lunches made on-site and themed t-shirt days.
Our winemaker, Julian, is a Hungarian-born 4th generation winemaker with a Master’s degree in Enology from Fresno State. Julian is a true believer in Livermore’s quality potential and has crafted over 30 Gold and 20 Double Gold medal winning wines as well as numerous Best of Class and Best of Show awards.
- Cleaning and sanitation of crush equipment, grape press and winery facilities
- Daily set-up and break down of crush equipment
- Hydrating, filling, and topping barrels
- Punch downs, brix readings, juice and wine sampling
- Perform cap management tasks i.e. pump overs, Pulsair, punch down, etc.
- Work on sorting table, sort grapes in 6-8 hr. shift
- Assemble hoses with pumps for wine or juice transfers
- Various other duties as assigned by winemaking team
- Must be 21 years of age
- The ideal candidate will be hardworking with a strong eye for detail
- Is self-motivated, energetic, and has a good attitude/sense of humor
- Must be a team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills; must be able to follow written directions
- Work in a safe manner around large pieces of equipment and chemicals
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Grasp, crawl, stoop, squat, carry, climb ladders and barrel racks
- Reach with hands and arms
- Bend at the waist
- Taste, smell and evaluate juice and wines
- Work up to seven days a week
- Follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Have a valid driver’s license and transportation
- Forklift skills a plus but not necessary
- Good mechanical skills are a plus
Prior experience is preferred but not a requirement. If you have the desired skills and want to have a fun time making exceptional wine, please send a cover letter and resume to Julian through the link below. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to work with a small team of experienced wine professionals and make great award-winning wines!