Domaine Chandon, founded in 1973, was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house. Chandon is also part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH - Moet Hennessey Louis Vuitton. A leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley.
Find with us a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the business and learn more about the world of sparkling wine while working at our Visitor Center.
We are currently seeking outgoing individuals with a positive and professional attitude, experience in wine retail, and a genuine passion for hospitality.
The Retail Associate is responsible for participating in day-to-day customer service, sharing the brand message and creating vibrant experiences for all guests. This position requires integrity and passion for excellence in hospitality customer service.
• Welcome guests
• Assist guests with wine and merchandise purchases
• Complete POS sales transactions with accuracy
• Opening and closing procedures
• Restock all wine and merchandise
• Promote Wine Club benefits
Professional experience & know how:
• At least 2 years in retail sales and wine related experience preferred
• One to two years computerized register experience preferred
• Strong communication skills with visiting groups of all sizes
• Communicate through active listening skills and open ended questions to gather immediate and accurate insight into guest needs
• Knowledge of principles and processes of wine making for providing exceptional visitor experiences
• Knowledge of Napa Valley wine and food
• Ability to remain calm even under the most stressful situation
• Strong computer and phone skills
• Complete multiple tasks with accuracy and urgency
• Assess situations quickly and respond with appropriate action, taking initiative to problem-solve, if necessary
• Able to process point-of-sale functions and comprehend mathematics to complete customer transactions
• Work efficiently and follows company standards, with or without immediate supervision
- Fluent in English language, second language helpful in communication with visiting public
- Ability to lift constantly (6 to 8 hours) from 0 to 10lbs, frequently (3 to 6 hours) 11 to 25lbs and on occasion (up to 3 hours,) up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand between 6 and 8 hours per day