Position Summary: The Controller for Boisset is responsible for completing and overseeing financial operations of the company, which includes accounting activities, inventory control, banking transactions, creation of financial reports, audit assistance, tax report preparation and filing, budget and forecasting participation, cost analysis and cost control, employee benefit reviews, and supervision of the accounting department staff and projects. Controller works under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, and works closely with the Accounting Manager, Junior Accountant, and account dept. staff.
• Reviews and approves the design and implementation of all financial systems and enhancements.
• Implements policies and procedures relating to budgets, operations, control and analysis for capital and operating activities to ensure structure and direction.
• Interfaces with independent outside auditors and auditors from state and local agencies.
• Directs work associated with tax compliance and planning.
• Identifies areas of concern where costs are inconsistent with resources and implements changes to correct these concerns.
• Perform general accounting and finance procedures including all general ledger transactions, bank reconciliations, inventory tracking, scheduling and completing notes payable, tracking expenditures, and reconciling errors and/or oversights.
• Monitor inventory control – reconciling all inventories, quantity and cost.
• Preparation of end-of-month sales reports and income statements, including review and dissemination of reports.
• Preparation of documents and materials for annual, or periodic, financial audits. Function as primary liaison between company and independent auditors, assisting as needed.
• Prepare and coordinate local, state, and federal tax filings and reports; arrange prepayments and quarterly payments as appropriate.
• Participate in financial forecasts, annual budgeting, compiling annual plans and other activities as needed.
• Supervise accounting staff and daily operations for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, traffic and compliance, hospitality department sales and others as needed.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, financial reports, legal documents, and policies and procedures. Ability to write detailed reports and compile supporting data. Ability to effectively present information to management, clients, outside consultants, and other business contacts, and to facilitate meetings or training sessions as needed.
• Ability to calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume. Ability to understand fractions, ratios, and proportions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database activity, and standard accounting software programs.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: CPA or MBA in Accounting or Finance or related field or equivalent experience is required.
• A typical incumbent will normally possess a minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible financial management experience.
• Thorough knowledge of company's financial policy and practices and state and federal laws is required.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an adminstrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. May require lifting and moving objects up to 20 lbs in weight. Clear vision, close and distant, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone and office level conversation.
• Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic. May or may not include periods in autos, airplanes, and/or lodging facilities.
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Regular business schedule: Monday through Friday. Overtime possible, but very infrequent.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
Boisset Collection is an innovative, eco-minded, dynamic company with family roots in France and California. Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015 and 2016.