Kosta Browne Winery - a Duckhorn Portfolio Winery - seeks to employ a strong team of cellar interns for the upcoming 2019 harvest. We strive to make some of the greatest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in the world, while providing a safe, educational, and enjoyable work environment. Kosta Browne has the honor of sourcing fruit from the most highly acclaimed vineyards in California and we take great pride in delivering exceedingly sought-after wines. Our highly sought-after internships have been major stepping stones for many in the industry.
Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne
SUMMARY: Under close supervision performs routine laboratory analysis and cellar work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing a variety of operations including but not limited to:
• Analysis of wine
• Daily checks and calibrations for laboratory instrumentation.
• Data Entry
• Additions to wines/musts
• Fermentation monitoring
• Wine sampling and preparation
• Forklift driving helpful but not required
• Other tasks as necessary
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Fluent in English or as a second language required
• Valid California Driver's License and clean DMV record required.
• Clean, organized, and have lots of energy
• Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques
• Previous wine production experience
• The ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
• Good reading, writing and math skills
• Ability to lift up to 42 lbs.
• Ability to work in various temperatures
Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.