Become a part of the Sonoma wine making community! Moshin Vineyards & Winery is seeking interns for seasonal work at our 30,000-case gravity flow winery for the 2019 harvest. This internship is a golden opportunity for anyone wanting to take their wine knowledge to the next level. Interns learn to love wine from the inside-out; in addition to compensation, you will finish the season with an insider’s knowledge of Sonoma wine country and contacts in its winemaking community, and a deep appreciation of wine and winemaking that only experience can teach. Harvest interns help us produce our acclaimed Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley and Sonoma Coast AVAs in addition to a wide range of white and other red wines for us and our custom crush clients. Interns will work in all aspects of production with varying responsibilities throughout the season, from picking and sorting grapes to racking and barreling wine. As part of a small, close-knit winemaking team, interns work closely with full-time staff in order to produce premium wines. A sincere appreciation for wine and a willingness to work long hours, have fun and get dirty are the primary job requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with grape harvesting and sorting
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing of all winery equipment and facilities
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Cap management including pump overs and punch downs
- Additions and inoculations
- Monitoring of fermentations
- Winery and equipment sanitation
- Grape crushing and sorting
- Barrel prep and filling
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- MUST HAVE: strong verbal English communication skills, the ability to take direction and work within the existing team framework, be able to read English and interpret documents, such as safety rules and protocols.
- Ability to carry out work orders in a timely and safe manner.
- Must be reliable, punctual and have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with an attention to detail and quality.
- Willing and able to work long hours, and work on weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
Work will begin in Monday August 27th 2018 and continue into October. Exact dates will depend on the growing season and harvest schedule. Limited housing options available.