The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, 7 Deadly, Beso Del Sol, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery.
In this key role for the company, responsibilities include developing and executing the strategy and related tactics for The Chloe Wine Collection. The Chloe Wine Collection was launched in 2014 and has seen tremendous annual growth since its inception, winning Impact Magazine's Hot Prospect and Hot Brand Awards as it continues to increase household penetration, awareness and loyalty year over year.
The role reports to the Director of Premium Marketing and will be located at the beautiful Concannon winery in Livermore, CA. The Brand Manager for Chloe Wine Collection is responsible for the development and execution of the annual and long-term strategic marketing plan for this key priority brand.
We are seeking an individual who possesses previous branding experience and a strong grounding in CPG marketing best practices, and who has a successful track record building alcoholic beverage and/or CPG brands.
The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of best-in-class skill, competence and confidence as a creative innovator with the ability to manage new product development/commercialization, be the brand marketer accountable for brand health and performance and will be an effective liaison with the Sales team to help promote the brand to distributors and key accounts.
Skilled Consumer Marketer: Comfortable developing, implementing and assessing consumer-facing platforms to deliver and optimize business-building initiatives. Leverages equities inherent in existing products and key consumer insights for ongoing marketing plan modifications, package changes and line extensions. Comfortable briefing and leading consumer agencies to develop and execute brand building platforms.
Results-Driven Business Manager: Comfortable using a variety of data sources to analyze business situations to identify and evaluate key business drivers, challenges and opportunities. Able to make strategic business recommendations to senior/c-level management.
Innovative Thinker and Demand Creator: Skilled innovator who is comfortable operating in a non-traditional, fast paced environment. Someone who is competent assessing industry opportunities and developing creative concepts to fit these opportunities. Has experience with consumer insights, category analytics, product development, and packaging design.
Entrepreneurial Track Record and Competitive Drive: Proven success in an entrepreneurial venture, including an appreciation for an environment of resource limitations, cost control, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity. Ability to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities at once.
Efficient Project Leader: Effective in managing teams and guiding projects through the system. Conveys a sense of urgency throughout project lifecycle and holds team accountable for execution. Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to listen and understand different perspectives.
* Bachelor's Degree required in Marketing or related field, MBA preferred
* Proven experience in CPG brand management from an "academy" CPG company, especially with food/beverage experience
* Wine or spirits industry experience preferred but not required
* Retailer selling experience is a plus
* Must have ability to multitask, work well under pressure and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
* Excellent analytical, organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
* Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
* Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, preparing influential presentations, and using spreadsheets for data driven decision making
* Position operates in a professional office environment
* Ability to travel frequently between home office, corporate office and vendor/agency sites
* Position includes travel to various industry and/or company events, 10-20% of the time
For additional information and check out these videos to see what the buzz is about The Chloe Wine Collection:
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
See Job Description