Employment opportunity for a Winemaker with a well established family-owned winery in Napa. The Winemaker will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of winemaking. The primary focus will be to produce excellent wines, in addition to representing the winery and the wines.
- Conduct all aspects of winemaking, and ensure stylistic continuity
- Supervise cellar team in addition to contributing as hands-on winemaker
- Assist with sales and marketing events, and representing the winery. Occasional travel may be requested.
- Maintain winemaking equipment and inventory of production related supplies
- Must have a bachelor's degree (or higher level of education) in winemaking from UC Davis or another top tier winemaking program
- Minimum 10 years of winemaking experience, with supervisory responsibilities. Luxury-level wine production background is preferred.
- A strong understanding of viticulture
- Self-motivated team player who can work well in dynamic circumstances
- Be able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 pounds and to work on ladders in typical cellar conditions.
Offering a competitive benefits package and salary that is commensurate with experience