Scope of Position
This position is under the general direction of the Cellar Master and Cellar Foreperson. We are looking for an individual to join our growing team to make some great wines.
• Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
• Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment.
• Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods.
• Racking and pumping of juice and wine, moving hoses and equipment.
• Filling, topping and emptying barrels.
• Empty barrel care.
• Making additions to wine and juice while wearing a respirator.
• Filling Work Orders and scanning barrels.
• Other duties as assigned by the Cellar Master.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. The position requires repetitive squatting and strenuous pulling and pushing of hoses and pumps. General cellar workers must be able to work any shift and overtime, particularly during the harvest season. The work load is especially heavy during the harvest season, typically August through December. Wearing contact lenses is prohibited for Safety reason.
Minimum of 1 harvest in a winery environment is preferred. Forklift experience with barrels is a must. Must be able to communicate in English and possess good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals.
Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures. The individual selected for this position must be reliable, possess a good work ethic, must be organized, flexible and pay attention to details.