This is a DREAM JOB for an ambitious individual wanting to grow his/her career in one of the BEST WINE GROWING REGIONS IN THE WORLD!
Venge Vineyards is a premium small winery located in Napa Valley. Tucked into the beautiful 12 acre Bone Ash Vineyard, this family-owned winery crafts world-class Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Syrah and Zinfandel from Beckstoffer, Stagecoach, Kenefick and Dutton Ranch vineyards, just to name a few.
Interns will get the opportunity to work directly with the Winemaker and Assistant Winemaker to make some of the finest wines in the world using state of the art equipment in a modern facility. Join us for an experience of a lifetime!
Ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for wine and a dedication to quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Under direct supervision completes work assignments and work orders received from Assistant Winemaker and Winemaker.
• Perform all aspects of seasonal harvest-related work as assigned. Season harvest duties include driving forklifts, pump overs, punch-downs, racking tanks, operating presses and destemmer/sorter .
• Responsible for sanitation of cellar area, equipment, tanks, and barrels.
• Sample barrels and tanks as needed.
• Gas head space on partial tanks as needed.
• Assist in set-up and clean-up activities, including tank and line prep, barrel prep, hosing down floors, and storing materials properly, etc.
• Perform wine barrel work including, topping, sulfuring, stacking and stirring as needed.
• Assist in maintaining tidiness of winery grounds.
• Must be able to be on call and work hours as needed.
Required Skills (Computer/Language/Soft Skills):
• Must have good math skills.
• Must have complete knowledge of the operation and proper application of cellar equipment.
• Pump operation: air-diaphragm, flexible impeller (Jabsco), rotary vane (Waukeshaw).
• Understanding of standard sanitation practices for cellar equipment.
• Knowledge of all cellar chemicals and how to use them safely and correctly.
• Able to work with others and/or independently.
• Ability to frequently and repeatedly lift 60 lbs.
• Climbing stairs and inclined surfaces on an occasional basis.
• Walking on hard surfaces on a frequent basis.
• Two handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to shoulder height.
• Must be a self-starter with minimal supervision and good follow-through.
• Energetic team player.
• Be a team player with public presence.
• Positive "can do" attitude, strong work ethic and integrity a must.
• Present a neat, professional appearance.
• A good sense of humor, cheerful attitude.