The Oak Sales & Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to the Oak Business Unit. This role will include budget analysis, forecasting support, Salesforce database management, generation of monthly and quarterly reports and recommendations for improvements. In addition, the Oak Sales & Administrative Coordinator is responsible for assisting in driving revenue and margin goals. This will be accomplished through proactive and reactive efforts in driving the flow of information throughout the sales team. It is expected that this position spends time tracking pipeline, sales activity and open quotes with a primary focus on assisting in closing opportunities. The coordinator will work closely with sales and operations to meet the objectives of the organization and help drive strategic initiatives by assisting in managing the sales performance analytics, KPIs and metrics. This position will work closely with the business unit VP/GM and sales team to solve problems, design processes, or provide opportunities for improvement. The coordinator is also responsible for assisting with marketing related projects and activities for the Oak Business Unit as needed.
Oak Administrative Responsibilities
• Provide administrative support for the Oak Business Unit:
Schedule meetings for sales, customers, internal office, etc.
Prepare meeting agendas, reports, sales decks, and presentation materials. Take required meeting notes.
Track, record, gather data, for weekly Gemba board presentation.
Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications.
Help foster and plan sales related events, order meals and make reservations.
Arrange travel schedules, reservations and prepare trip files and supplies as needed.
Facilitate coordination of customer and supplier visits including transportation and hotel accommodations.
Manage expense reports for Vice President/General Manager, Oak Business Unit as requested.
Help facilitate training for new hires in the Oak Business Unit product lines
• Run sales reports for analysis and identify possible opportunities to increase revenue and maximize business opportunities.
• Analyze performance data to provide assessments of trends, to identify and explain variances from goals between periods and the sales team, and to identify indicators of possible issues or challenges.
• Prepare monthly supplier reports.
• Assist in preparing order history packets for customer focused account reviews.
• Work with the sales team to execute focused programs and increase market penetration. (Sales promotions and cross selling programs).
• Be an on-site advocate for the product and a reliable resource that the sales team can leverage for assistance in service of our customers.
• And, all other duties as assigned.
• Facilitate the execution of all Tonnellerie O and Creative Oak Marketing projects.
• Support marketing and trade show related activities.
• Obtain and help distribute sales materials such as pamphlets, sales tools, meeting resources, etc.
• Build relationships and work closely with sales team to execute programs and remain apprised of market updates. This could include competitive analysis, accumulating competitor price lists, market studies, product offerings, etc.).
• Build and maintain relationships with Marketing vendors.
• Manage Oak Marketing Department Budget.
• Process sales orders and returns for all products within the Coastal Sales Area.
• Plan and ensure timely execution of shipments within the Coastal Sales Area.
• Create and process samples and quotations for all products.
• Coordinate cooperage tours.
• Track shipments closely to ensure timely delivery to customer.
• Correspond regularly with Supply Chain to follow completion of export orders from start to finish.
• Manage all customer preferences within NAV to ensure accuracy of data for assigned accounts.
• Obtain functional knowledge of all wine packaging products sold by the company.
• Attend daily Production Meeting
• Use Salesforce.com to enter new accounts, customer feedback, orders, updates, etc.
• Achieve Customer Retention goals.
• Achieve Customer Satisfaction Goals as measured by Non-Conformance Rates.
• Achieve Coastal Area Quotas for Revenue & Total Unique Accounts Sold.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sociology, or related field preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in customer service or administration.
• Smart, driven and hard working.
• Strong decision, analytical, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings.
• Experience with Salesforce and Navision preferred.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience in travel and event planning a plus.
• Able to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as, outside customers, suppliers and vendors.
• Possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Able to respond to customer inquiries providing professional, customer-facing interaction by phone, email or in person.
• Able to prioritize and meet deadlines with strong time management and organizational skills.
• Able to sit for long periods of time and work at a computer workstation.
• Able and willing to work longer than normal business hours when needed.