Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: Work directly with the winemaking staff performing all tasks related to harvest, while furthering one’s understanding of wine production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform pump-overs, juice/wine additions, and inoculations
• Complete various work assignments including racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of juice and wine, obtain lab samples, dispose of lees, and clean equipment
• Sanitize tanks, barrels, wine pumps, hoses, and fittings
• Report equipment problems
• Operate and maintain a variety of pumps and other winery equipment including: De-stemmers, conveyers, sorting tables, presses, and cap management devices
• Top tanks to proper fill levels
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Use appropriate personal protective equipment
• Effective communication skills
• Proficient reading, writing and math skills
• Good manual dexterity
• Ability to lift up to 42 lbs.
• Ability to work in various temperatures
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.