Performs all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related records, processing voluntary and involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for billing and management. This positon is responsible for all payroll related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures timely processing of all weekly company payroll for over 300 employees including field workers and administration in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles.
• Enters daily timecards, corrects and runs proof report and prints reports for billing every other week
• Enters deductions for supplies
• Processes payroll checks, re-issues corrected checks and voids checks in payroll system
• Processes daily applications for new hire/rehire field employees in payroll system and runs reports on new hires for staff and maintains list daily, deleting terminated employees once a week
• Enters terminations in payroll system as needed
• Works with Field Foreman and Managers, accounting office and Owners to ensure accurate coding of cost centers and billing rates on time card entry
• Maintains updated procedure manual for payroll processing and assists in training of other staff on the payroll system.
• Answers general payroll questions from foremen, supervisors and employees regarding timesheets and pay and other matters
• Keeps abreast of current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and other required reporting (SUI, workers compensation, deferred benefits, etc).
• Processes fiscal year-end reports and reconciles W-2 information for accuracy
• Processes wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary State office or jurisdiction and assisting employees with general process questions.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Associates degree in Business Administration and at least 3 years of experience in full cycle payroll processing or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient in data entry skills handling large volume
• This position may be required to work overtime and on Saturdays during harvest and billing weeks
• Proficient in Microsoft office products , Word and Excel