The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Under the direction of Supervisor/Plant Manager, the Electrician has full responsibility for the efficiency and safety of all plant electrical circuits and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Makes and updates layout of electrical circuits and prints
* Makes up material and parts lists and requisitions for ordering
* Performs, or directs all maintenance wiring, installation of motors, switches, switch panels, fuse/circuit boxes, lighting, testing, and power circuits
* Determines proper size and specifications of wire, conduit, switches, panels, fuses, etc.
* Reads and understands blueprints, wiring diagrams, equipment wiring diagrams, and circuit diagrams
* Performs any needed modifications or building of Line PLC programming
* Must be familiar with RS Logix and other Allen-Bradley PLC programming programs
* Must be familiar with variable frequency drives and their capabilities. Trouble shooting and set-up of variable frequency drives
* Inspects and adjust/calibrate photo eyes, proximity sensors, micro-switches, level detectors, pressure transmitters, flow meters, density meters, capacitance probes, and any other electronic sensors
* Must understand basic line controls and be able to trouble shoot problems on any given line
* Orders and requisitions parts to PM and repair lines and or equipment
* bending various conduit sizes ranging from ½" EMT, Aluminum, Rigid, all the way to 1"-1/4".
* Inspects motors, switches, junction boxes, switch panels, circuit breakers, transformers, fuse/circuit panels, lighting, heating, and power circuits. Makes preventative and running repairs and connections
* Performs, or directs installation, connection, adjustment, and calibration of electrical gauges and recording instruments
* Observes all operating, sanitation, and safety procedures
* Reports all unsafe conditions and matters of concern to supervisor.
* Performs any other work as may be assigned by supervisor
* Aides other electricians and mechanics as necessary and required
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Must have a high school degree or equivalent, with some technical schooling/training preferred
* 3 - 5 years' experience as a journeyman industrial mechanic mandatory, preferably in wine/food industry
* Must possess a working knowledge of PLC's and related equipment (VFD's, Controls, etc.)
* Must possess a working knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems, as well as Refrigeration systems (Freon and Ammonia)
* Must possess a working knowledge of the following: Motors, motor controls and pumps
* Experience with:
+ Filtration Equipment
* Must be able to work in confined spaces and areas
* Must be able to diagnose and estimate time required for proper repairs
* Blueprint literate (mechanical, electrical, etc.)
* Ability to work with Process Safety Management, HACCP, ISO and Plant Safety Team and programs
* Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions in English
* Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
* Must be flexible with shift schedule
* Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
* Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
* Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
* Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
* Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in the performance of various task in the warehouse environment
* Must be able to work effectively at heights of 40 feet and higher
* Must be able to bend, stoop, twist and work in very tight places at varying frequencies ad durations throughout the day
* Must be able to repeatedly climb tank stairs/vertical tank ladders, and enter tanks through the manhole following required confined space safety procedures
* Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description