Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: The Duckhorn Wine Company Events Coordinator - Seasonal helps to facilitate the planning and execution of trade and marketing events using creative and organizational skills to ensure each function is executed with the highest level of detail and professionalism. Events are focused on the trade and consumer sales channels as well as intra-company and outside corporate functions.
* The estimated time frame for this position is March 25th - December 1st 2019 *
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Events Coordinator (70%):
- Assist with the planning and execution of trade & marketing events of the highest caliber that is in keeping with the Duckhorn Wine Company philosophy of quality wines presented with uncompromising hospitality
- Assist with creating and planning special projects, work with the Executive Team on their meeting and special requests, keep the seasonal menus from our culinary partners, updated and available to send out to clients, etc.
- Hire, manage and prepare payment for all vendors hired onto the job.
- Assist with the execution of the logistical side of events by arranging specific details with third party partners including musical entertainment, ambience pieces, floral, and rental equipment where appropriate.
- Conduct site visits with clients on our estate properties. Coordinate logistics for the internal Executive Management Team, Employee and Board of Directors meetings
- Routine set-up and break down of event spaces to ensure readiness pre- and post-event.
Events Administrative (30%)
- Maintain an inventory of all supplies necessary to execute events
- Maintain reports and track expenses acquired for each event
- Send out final billing to clients
- Update and Maintain Events Calendar, Master Events Tracking Chart, Private Events Revenue Template; ensure accuracy and information sharing
- Craft private event inquiry replies, proposals and contracts and respond to customer inquiries, via telephone or written correspondence, in a timely manner
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed and track and store data for all events.
- Work with creative services manager and events manager to create and print special event collateral (menus, order forms, table numbers, place cards)
- Field and facilitate donation requests from consumers and internal employees
- Minimum AA degree
- Minimum of one-year event experience, preferably hospitality related
- Knowledge of general winemaking and viticulture techniques or strong willingness to learn
- Ability to acquire specific knowledge of Duckhorn Wine Company
- Ability to interact with multiple departments (sales, marketing, DTC, accounting, compliance, production/winemaking, HR)
- Ability to deal with constant changes, think quickly on your feet
- Must have superior customer service and organization skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good teamwork attitude
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule with extended hours including weekends, Holidays, and evenings.
- Valid California driver’s license with clean record, will drive for company events and errands
- Computer skills including database management, spreadsheets, and word processing, specifically Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 45 lbs
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.