Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founders’ dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners and with our customers.
The Hospitality Manager ensures that all guest encounters (Tours, Tastings and Events) reflect the distinctive image, style and values of Opus One. Maintaining, mentoring, and inspiring a diverse team of professionals with diplomacy and finesse, the Hospitality Manager assures that all guests enjoy an unparalleled experience of Opus One that reflects the spirit and uncompromising hospitality of our Founders. Using a broad range of communication, CRM, financial and leadership skills, the Hospitality Manager demonstrates and communicates the drivers of guest satisfaction and ensures all elements of service strategy are in place to deliver superior results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following.
• Lead the recruitment, training, and development of associate talent within the Guest Relations department including, but not limited to Reservations, Guest Reception, Guest Experiences, and Events to deliver the highest possible level of guest satisfaction. Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and team members and inspire team member commitment to providing exceptional service. (45%)
• Analyze any service issues and identify trends. Facilitate the development of creative solutions and ensure implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction. In collaboration with the VP of Guest Relations, Direct Marketing Manager, Special Event Supervisor and Retail Supervisor, conceive, develop and implement retail sales and visitor program strategies. (15%)
• Prepare annual department budget and approve departmental operating expenses. Provide financial and operational analyses for VP of Guest Relations, including retail sales analyses, retail allocation reports, visitor counts, etc. (15%)
• Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation comply with local, state and federal laws and regulations. Manage training and orientation programs, providing direction for new tour personnel and ongoing education for all department staff through continuous coordination of educational seminars and tastings. (10%)
• Supervise specific functional duties, including the daily schedule and calendar, taking of inventories, stocking of wines, opening and closing for the day, and setting up and clearing tasting rooms and other such areas. Supervise special events and reservations activities. (10%)
• Build and maintain strong relationships with critical influencers in the Napa Valley such as concierges, restaurant managers, community organizations, and fellow wineries. (5%)
• Maintain, update, and expand knowledge of viticulture, enology and the Winery by participating in educational trainings offered by Opus One and outside sources.
• Speak knowledgeably about Opus One representatives, distributors, retailers, and vintages to better assist customers in the selection of wine or wine-related items.
• Conduct tours of the winery as necessary and appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum seven (7) years managerial experience and five (5) years experience working at a luxury winery or wine-related business; degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management preferred, or equivalent operational experience; experience in 5-star hotel or Michelin-starred restaurant preferred; proven leadership skills with ability to inspire and motivate teamwork; strong retail sales/public relations skills and experience; strong spreadsheet skills; foreign language skills (French, Japanese, German, or Italian) preferred; knowledge of viticulture, winemaking, wine marketing, and/or wine tasting preferred.
Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written, as well as effective listening skills to understand issues and work toward problem resolution. The ability to assimilate complex information; to solve practical problems; and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists is required. Excellent computer and cash register skills; retail management systems and CRM highly desirable. Financial acumen required to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic mathematical functions is necessary. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, clim