Bargetto Winery is a family run winery that has produced hand-crafted wines in the Santa Cruz Mountains since 1933. We specialize in estate grown varietals from our Regan Estate Vineyard that’s in the Santa Cruz Mountains AVA. The mountainous, cool climate region is hos to low-yielding vineyards which produce wines of richness and intensity.
Assist in the production of the highest quality wine and carry out the production, productivity, and general policies and goals of the Winemaker. The Cellar Worker will foster effort, quality, innovation, productivity, and teamwork in the workplace.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete any required cellar work including, but not limited to: crushing, fermenting, pressing, racking, topping, fining, filtering, and bottling.
• Complete any required cleaning, sanitization, sterilization, and general winery cleanliness work.
• Performs bottling line operations like glass loading, packing off, and palletization.
• Represents Bargetto Winery at promotional events
• Facilitate innovative ideas for quality and efficiency improvements
• Assists with facilities projects
• High School graduate
• 2 years of experience in wine production or internships
• A passion for making premium wines
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Must be able to work long hours, including weekends during harvest
• Have the ability to lift 55lbs i.e. a case of wine
• Have the ability to climb up and down ladders
• Position is full-time after an introductory period, salary DOE
• Benefits included
• 401K with employer matching
• Annual bonus for award-winning wines