COMPANY DESCRIPTION: The heritage of DeLoach Vineyards stretches back to the establishment of the Russian River Valley AVA. As an instrumental pioneer of the appellation, DeLoach became an icon for Russian River Valley Pinot noir, Zinfandel, and Chardonnay. De Loach was selected by the Boisset. Family in 2003 to join its collection of luxury wine producers. The Boisset Family has transformed the DeLoach estate vineyard to become both certified organic and biodynamic, while additionally drawing upon the most distinctive vineyards of the North Coast, and beyond!
KEY OUTPUTS: This position will report directly to the Enologist, but may interface with all of the DeLoach winemaking and cellar staff. This person will follow sound analytical practices while generating data, including: appropriate sampling, standardization, instrument calibration, and cleanliness. The harvest lab tech may also perform inoculations and support cellar staff
QUALIFICATIONS: Academic and/or professional laboratory experience is required. Wine-specific analytical experience is ideal. Those who are detail-oriented, analytically-minded, and flexible to changing priorities will be best suited to the position. Candidates should be able to work in a cellar environment, climb stairs, and lift 50lbs. Workers will follow safety and confined space entry regulations. Overtime availability will be required, including one weekend day per week during the peak harvest period.
Applicants from outside the U.S. must be able to secure all of their legal documentation necessary to work here. International internship coordination for this position is available through www.caep.org.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• High School diploma or GED; or 1-3 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance may be required.
• Heavy physical activity performing regular strenuous activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and other motions. Stability and balance adequate for elevated and/or narrow work areas. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight independently, and up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Clear vision (close and distant), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for working safely around machinery, vehicles, and other equipment.
• Indoor and outdoor environment with variable lighting, temperature and/or ventilation. Areas may or may not be heated, air-conditioned, or shaded. Outdoor periods frequently required in changing weather conditions. Exposure to fumes and/or a variety of chemicals. Moderate to high noise levels typical of machinery, power tools, vehicles, and other equipment. (Note: PPE provided for all workers.)
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Variable schedule: Primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not require overnight travel.