John Anthony Vineyards seeks a dynamite Manager for for its newly acquired vineyard and clubhouse properties and downtown Napa Tasting Lounge. The John Anthony Family of Wines is a fast growing company with five wine brands: John Anthony Vineyards, FARM Napa Valley by John Anthony, JaM Cellars, Weather and Serial. The Tasting Lounge and Estate Manager will oversee day to day tasting room operations for our first and most exclusive brand: John Anthony Vineyards. There are four different locations where we host. A Carneros estate, an Oak Knoll District hillside vineyard, and two downtown Napa locations: a clubhouse and a tasting lounge, which is the headquarters of the operation.
John Anthony Vineyards produces single vineyard wines from Oak Knoll District, Carneros and Coombsville ranging in bottle price from $25 to $500. Each wine features the unique microclimate and terroir of the small plot vineyards that John Anthony Truchard planted and has farmed over the past 20 years. John Anthony Vineyards offers walk-in tastings at its downtown Napa Tasting Lounge from 10am to 10pm (12am Thursday through Saturday) and exclusive, award winning experiences at three separate locations: the downtown Napa clubhouse, the hillside vineyard in the Oak Knoll District and the Carneros estate. We want you to help us continue to make a better experience for our guests and members. There is huge upside potential for this position.
What we need from you (if you’re the right fit, you already know this):
1. Business Acumen: employee management, sales management, expense management, inventory management, reporting and forecasting. Excel knowledge a must. Vin65 knowledge a plus.
2. Diversified Approach: we own a downtown Napa tasting room, manage multiple vineyard experiences, provide extremely generous membership benefits, campaign over the telephone and online, host unique event sales and more, more, more! We want your ability to adapt and create.
3. Creativity: the wine business is a business founded on a classical way of doing things; we’re not classicists. Bringing new ideas to the table is expected and rewarded.
4. Respect and Empathy: successful teams are diverse and challenging. You must both command respect and provide it. Challenge your team. Know strengths and weaknesses; increase the former and decrease the latter. As we grow, you have the opportunity to further build a team of champions!
5. The Usual: organization, communication, abstract intelligence, hospitality, kindness, positivity, honesty, integrity, charisma, motivation, dependability, independence, persistence. You know the drill.
What we will provide (if you’re the right fit, it gets better than this):
1. Generous Income: super competitive base and commission, health insurance, gym membership, 401K, wine allocation and a uniquely fun workplace.
2. Advancement: we are an incredibly fast growing wine company. We are doing our best to make history and we want you to help us build it! The bigger we get, the better you "get."
3. Support: we have the unique ability to not only think outside the box but to change the way it is shaped. We will provide every tool you need to get the job done if it is being done right. We know you must succeed before we succeed.
4. Education: we will support your continued education as a wine professional. Numerous sommeliers and MBA’s work in the company. We celebrate individual and team betterment.
5. Fun: We sponsor music festivals, have tour buses and throw one hell of a party. We are in the business of hedonism. While business is always first, we get that it is supposed to be fun.
Submit your resume in confidence and we hope to be in touch with you. Best of luck in your search.