This full-time position is responsible for engaging and educating consumer and trade visitors while selling wine and wine club memberships in the tasting room. The base compensation is very competitive and is further enhanced by a generous wine club bonus, commission and tips. It’s a great time to join our team, we are growing, have new developments and opportunity for our staff.
• Welcome all guests to the winery and build rapport through an educational and down-to-earth communications style. Sequoia Grove is known for a friendly, non-pretentious tasting room experience and we look to continue this tradition.
• Listen to customer’s needs, wants and desires and customize selling approach to best meet those requirements.
• Foster a positive brand image by providing a consistent, memorable guest experience.
• Make relevant wine and product recommendations and be comfortable asking for the sale.
• Review features and benefits of Sequoia Grove wine clubs with all eligible customers and sign up new members.
• Ask customers if they would like to stay in touch through Friends of Sequoia Grove loyalty communication and gather customer contact information.
• Accurately handle routine purchasing transactions using Microsoft Retail Management System.
• Abide by all applicable laws and process all required paperwork accurately and efficiently.
• Lead private tastings and/or tours, as needed.
• When needed, work directly in other direct-to-consumer systems including eWinery Solutions, ShipCompliant and others.
• Work periodic public and private events at or away from the winery. These events may require travel and working later in the evening.
• Conduct general housekeeping to ensure tasting room is clean and properly equipped and outdoor areas are neat and tidy.
• Participate in development and launch of new wine & food tasting and program experiences.
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of Sequoia Grove Winery and its wines.
• Participate in receiving wines, and physical inventory count accuracies.
• Provide general tourist information to visitors.
• Assist with special projects, as needed. (restocking, merchandising, organizing, etc.).
• This position requires a high-level professionalism. Risqué or potentially offensive humor or other behavior not consistent with the high standards of this position will not be tolerated.
• The incumbent must have a clean, well-maintained personal appearance when interacting with consumer and trade guests.
• The incumbent will abide by all Sequoia Grove Standards of Conduct and other requirements as outlined in the Employee Manual (available for review upon request).
• Sequoia Grove operates as a team. This position must be willing to roll up their sleeves to do what’s necessary to delight customers and generate sales.
• Weekly schedule – 5 days TBD
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• 4+ years of Direct-to-Consumer wine sales ranking at or near the top of their department
• Minimum of High School diploma; College preferred
• Professional wine certification (e.g. CSW, WSET, etc.)
• Excellent written and presentation skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Retail Management System or similar
• Familiarity with eWinery Solutions e-commerce platform or similar
• Must be able to lift and carry 45lbs (case of wine)
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Must have knowledge of Napa Valley history, winemaking and viticulture
• Must have a valid California Drivers License, a clean driving record and proof of auto insurance