We are a mid-sized winery focused on producing Premium Pinot noir, Chardonnay, and a few other varietals from some of the best vineyards in Oregon. With just a few vintage's worth of wear and tear, our state of the art winery still shines with all the bells and whistles! Our winery is located in McMinnville, OR.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, creative, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
• Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning of both equipment and facility
• Forklifting - unloading and loading fruit, safely driving barrels
• Red processing - safe and efficient operation of sorting line and destemmer
• Red fermentation management - punch downs, pulsair, pump overs, temperature management
• White/Red Press operation - exposure to both bladder and basket presses
• Additions - yeast, acid, nutrients, etc
• Barrel work - cleaning, steaming, filling, emptying, and topping
• Tank work - racking, transferring/blending both juice and wine
• Sampling - obtain grape, juice, and/or wine samples as needed by the lab
• Follow all safety rules, regulations, and SOPs
• Potential to help with winter bottling
• Passion for wine and winemaking; passion for food and coffee a plus
• Positive attitude
• Previous harvest experience and/or degree in winemaking or similar field is favorable
• Effective communication skills in English
• The ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
• Ability to climb, stand long periods of time, repeatedly lift 50 lbs, etc.
• Forklift experience a plus
• Must be able to commit to working mid-August through late-November, potential to start earlier or extend through December
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation and some assistance may be provided to help find housing. Some harvest meals provided.