Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founder’s dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners, and with guests.
Opus One’s Communications Manager is responsible for building relationships and increasing engagement across all our active social and traditional communication platforms with the goal of sustaining customer loyalty, growing our social community, connecting with key influencers and enhancing customer service. This role requires a broad level of technical prowess, and attention to detail across multiple disciplines including social media marketing, public relations, project management, content creation, and relationship management. Successful candidates for this position will have extensive experience in written communication. A familiarity with all current global social platforms is required. Candidates should demonstrate superior analytical skills balanced with creativity, and bring a great sensitivity to our company’s tone, voice, and aesthetics. An understanding of Customer Relationship Management (MS Dynamics or Salesforce) and protocols for data collection is necessary. This position reports to the Vice President of Communications and Guest Relations and works in collaboration with the Direct Marketing Manager and the Hospitality Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES other exempt duties may be assigned:
Social Media Community Management
• In collaboration with the Vice President of Communications, develop and execute a global Social Media Communications plan.
• Generate and manage all content (images, video, music and written copy). Working with designers, marketing and sales, external influencers and industry experts, produce
relevant content that is consistent with the Opus One story and vision, and reflects our core values in social media spaces.
• Collaborate with sales and marketing to ensure consistency of message, and visual harmony across all social media.
• Monitor, listen and respond to users on all social platforms with passion, enthusiasm and decorum.
• Establish effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of our social media strategy. Report monthly on effectiveness of campaigns and provide insights
• Monitor and stay abreast of trends in global Social Media platforms, SEO, tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
• Understand complex CRM systems/data to effectively develop processes for customer experience personalization.
• Champion the expanded use of CRM. Continually build and maintain the relationship with all partners and stakeholders in the CRM functional area.
• Identify opportunities and build relationships with prominent influencers and leaders in the luxury wine space (trade, distributors and collectors) and with other luxury product
• Work with guest relations and direct marketing to maintain a customer-focused attitude with a focus on activities that create lifetime customers.
Public and Community Relations
• Actively monitor daily newsfeeds for critical trends or breaking news regarding the wine industry or Opus One. Share, comment, or reply as appropriate either directly or
through social media channels as appropriate.
• Working with the Vice President of Communications, draft and release press announcements.
• Effectively manage charitable donation requests based on established goals and criteria.
• Develop, coordinate and execute major auction donations as needed.
• Maintain, update, and expand knowledge of viticulture, enology and the Winery by participating in educational trainings offered by Opus One and outside sources.
• Speak knowledgeably about Opus One vintages, representatives, distributors, and retailers to better assist customers in the social community.
• Conduct tours of the winery as necessary and appropriate.
Education and/or Experience
Five (5) years of wine industry experience (combination of social, CRM and traditional communications is optimal). Bachelor’s Degree preferred, MBA or equivalent degree desired.
Mastery of global Social Communication platforms, understanding of the digital wine landscape, and Photoshop proficiency is required. Working understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Cision, and Linkfluence/Radarly is a plus. Proven leadership skills with ability to inspire and motivate others; strong public relations skills and social media management experience; foreign language skills (French or Japanese) preferred; knowledge of viticulture, winemaking and wine marketing. Supervisory experience is desired. Excellent eye for design and typography.
Excellent command of written and spoken English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to effect and modify data entry. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.