Named after Dr. Pangloss, the eternal optimist in Voltaire’s novel Candide, Pangloss Cellars is a celebration of optimism as the ideal way to approach life.
Pangloss Cellars was founded on the belief that the consumer experience is as important as the wines. You will be working in our historic building on the Sonoma Plaza dating back to 1902 – the home of our Pangloss Cellars Tasting Lounge. The space both defines Pangloss Cellars and embodies our core values: it is welcoming, authentic, optimistic, unpretentious and social – a warm and beautiful historic place to enjoy the sensory experience of fine wine. With over 4,000 square feet of space, we are able to offer a series of different experiences tailored to exactly the way each guest prefers to enjoy wine.
Our team is dynamic and united by a shared mission. Everyone brings significant experience, a positive outlook and prior success to the table. We expect no less from you.
The primary focus of this position is to host guests at Pangloss Cellars, maintaining an experience-driven approach: quality wines and genuine, thorough, exceptional service that fosters long-term personal relationships and brand loyalty.
We offer above-market compensation (bonus and commission), a top-tier health and dental plan as well as a 401K option.
• Hosting guests and Members for experiences at our bar, lounge and private tastings
• Customer data and order entry
• Maintain and check supply levels daily
• Opening/Closing procedures
• Assist with events and off-site pourings
• Fun, positive, energetic and confident
• Very organized and detail oriented
• Must be a team player
• Self-starter, internally driven and motivated. You work hard because getting things done, fast and well, is rewarding and gets you fired up
• High-energy and fast-paced environment, on your feet for long periods of time
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds
• Weekends, some holidays and some evenings required
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (no phone calls). Out-of-state resumes will not be considered.