Reporting to the EVP Marketing, the VP Marketing Services is accountable for the Trade Marketing & Customer Marketing, Public Relations, Promotions, Digital Marketing and Creative Services efforts across the Delicato Family Vineyards wine portfolio. This role is specifically responsible for the strategic development and execution of National and Local Promotions, PR and Digital activation designed to generate consumer demand, brand equity & loyalty, and overall business growth.
• Creates, communicates, and implements the organization & rsquo;s vision, mission, and overall direction
• Leads, guides, directs, and evaluates the work of other leaders including assistant presidents, directors, and managers
• Formulates and implements the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business or their area of responsibility
• Achieves the organization's overall strategic goals and profitability requirements as determined by the strategic plans
• Forms, staffs, guides, leads, and manages an organization sufficient to accomplish the vice president's responsibilities and job requirements
• Oversees the complete operation of an organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans
• Evaluates the success of the organization
• Maintains awareness of both external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth
• Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the President or CEO
• Holds self and others responsible for demonstrating the company culture through personal behavior and actions
Prepares and monitors department overhead budget
The successful candidate for the VP Marketing Services role at Delicato Family Vineyards must bring a proven track record of leadership experience, and strategic growth across an integrated, consumer-centric marketing function. Their background should combine sound analytical grounding and strategic acumen from top beverage alcohol, food & beverage, and/or consumer goods companies. Prospective candidates should be capable of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where creativity, intuition and cross-functional relationship management are also critically important.
• Serves as a key leader and thought partner to Sales and Marketing Leadership by delivering compelling and timely marketing activation programs which support and align with short- and long-term strategic growth plans
• Oversees all planning, development and implementation aspects of Trade Marketing & Customer Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, Digital Marketing and Creative Services. Builds a cohesive, fully-integrated team able to deliver services across a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Monitors, measures and analyzes the effectiveness of Trade / Consumer-focused marketing initiatives / programs, and develops strategic recommendations on how best to optimize our marketing services efforts to maximize impact and efficiency
• Development of strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional leaders including Brand Marketing, Sales, National Accounts, Distributors, and external agencies
• Manages the selection process for PR, Digital, and Consumer / Trade Promotional agency partners, as well as contract negotiations and pricing. Establishes on-going financial analyses on PR, Digital, Promotional agency partners in an effort to identify opportunities for savings.
• Oversees and ensures efficient and cost-effective point-of-sale & merchandising development, production, and ordering processes
• Coach and develop the Delicato Marketing Services team in line with the company's business needs, core values and vision. Values-based leadership is fundamental at Delicato Family Vineyards.
• Create a high-performance environment by setting clear annual goals / key performance indicators, communicating strategic direction, and providing robust development opportunities
• Leadership of, and financial responsibility for the in-house Creative Services Team to ensure optimized creative output is achieved across a variety of Delicato departments
• Monitors work-flow and work-load for the Marketing Services Team ensuring high-quality execution of deliverables
Travels to and presents at company and customer meetings when appropriate
• Assists across the department as needed
• Represents the company at vendor or industry conferences as needed
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing and/or Business
• MBA a plus
• POS systems experience a plus
• Must possess a minimum of 10-15 years management or progressive experience in the alcoholic beverage industry or equivalent, as well as in-depth field marketing and business knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Past management experience with a proven track record of motivating, developing and coaching teams
• Familiarity with wine / consumer goods industry, channel data, and depletion reporting
• Effective at understanding distributor and retailer customer perspectives
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize, strong financial / business acumen
• Ability to forge strong, collaborative working relationships
Required to talk & listen. May need to determine color, taste and smell of wine using eyes, tongue, and nose. Must be able to lift & carry cases of wine (35 lbs.) to build customer wine displays. May be exposed to weather-related temperature & humidity extremes. Operates keyboard & mouse.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptiv