We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our Facilities and Grounds team! This position will be based at our Twomey winery in Healdsburg, CA. This role is hourly, non-exempt with regular full-time benefits.
“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle! Silver Oak Cellars was recently recognized as the Grand Champion of the 2018 Best in Benefits in the wine industry for the 2nd consecutive year.
SUMMARY OF OPEN POSITIONS:
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Healdsburg facilities (Twomey Healdsburg and Warehouse) and their equipment. This position will occasionally provide support our other winery locations as assigned.
• Maintains and repairs buildings and associated equipment systems including general carpentry, painting, refrigeration, HVAC, kitchen equipment, plumbing, water treatment, and electrical systems.
• Performs general mechanical work including HVAC, refrigeration, welding, electrical systems etc.
• Assembles and installs mechanical and electromechanical systems including winery production equipment.
• Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains production equipment and systems, including the disassembly and repair of motors, gears, structural components etc.
• Modifies/improves/troubleshoots programming of equipment and controllers (i.e. PLC’s) used in the production areas
• Performs welding and wiring to maintain and repair production equipment and associated systems.
• Responds in a timely manner to problems related to facility and equipment maintenance.
• Assists Maintenance Team with winery alarm systems and responds to alarms.
• Routinely inspects buildings and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions. Communicates need for all repairs.
• Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for all assigned facilities.
• Provides support to Cellar staff during bottling and harvest.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment, equipment records and warranties.
• Ensures all fire equipment and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies corrected. Maintains accurate records of safety inspections, preventative maintenance checklists, etc. Forwards appropriate inspections to Facilities Team.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Follows safety procedures and wears required PPE. Promotes workplace safety.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
• Two years related experience and the completion of a mechanical trade program and/or equivalent education/experience. Prior winery experience is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and industrial maintenance.
• Strong mechanical aptitude, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Broad knowledge of tools, equipment and materials associated with facility and equipment maintenance.
• Must have basic math skills.
• Valid CA driver’s license and a clean DMV record.
• Ability to interface with email, calendars, spreadsheets and reports.
• Knowledgeable regarding safety regulations. Ability to understand risks and safety requirements and cautions.
• Ability to work within constantly changing priorities.
• Ability to work flexible shifts, especially during harvest and bottling seasons.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of the maintenance team.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds.
• Forklift, scissors lift and boom certification preferred.
• Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Speak, read, write, and understand English. Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
• Ability to Lift and carry/move up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to go up and down stairs and work on catwalks.
• Ability to use a variety of hand, power and machine tools to complete assignments.
• Ability to drive company vehicles between multiple facilities.
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to work at heights and in inclement weather.
• Ability to safely use ladders and scaffolds.
• Ability to stand, walk, grasp, push and pull.
• Ability to bend, squat, climb and reach frequently.
• Proximity to equipment with moving parts.
• Exposure to vehicle traffic.
• Occasional exposure to high noise levels for short periods of time.
• Occasional work in areas where hazardous chemicals or gasses such as sulfur dioxide or ozone may be present.
• Varying climatic conditions including cold, heat, humidity, air conditioning.
• Subject to natural elements such as weather, insects, sun and dust.
• Frequent travel by vehicle to support multiple locations.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.