J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines is one of California’s leading family-owned and operated wineries, with sustainably farmed, estate vineyards in Paso Robles, Monterey and Napa Valley.
We are looking for a self-motivated, high energy salesperson to work with our distributors and call on key accounts in Texas and Louisiana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Exhibit the highest levels of respect, integrity, sincerity and professionalism in dealing with others.
• Attain sales, distribution and profitability goals for the assigned area.
• Develop relationships with and motivate distributor salespeople during sales meetings, ride-withs, etc. to open and service both on and off-premise accounts.
• Communicate approved programs and marketing initiatives to distributors and assist in their implementation.
• Educate salespeople and key accounts as to the unique characteristics of J. Lohr wines, our estate vineyards, people, production methods, sustainability initiatives and appellations, and how they fit into our competitive set.
• Conduct seminars, tastings and winemaker dinners.
• Write and maintain key account lists, and make placements and sales at these accounts.
• Work with the VP US Sales and senior winery management to develop sales programs and incentives that will motivate distributors and sales representatives.
• Track and report on the effectiveness of programs, and recommend corrective action to the VP US Sales.
• Assist in the execution of national programs throughout the area.
• Produce timely sales activity and expense reports.
• Review and approve distributor bill backs.
• Work with other managers and regions to provide support when needed.
• Cooperate with personnel in other departments to ensure the best overall results for the winery.
• Maintain a high level of safety awareness in all aspects of the job, including while driving, handling cases of wine, participating in tastings, and entertaining distributors and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, sales and marketing, or a related field).
• Five to eight plus years of experience selling wine with another wine supplier and/or a distributor.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully achieve sales goals.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills, and attention to detail are needed in order to understand revenues and expenses, budget and sales plan variances, and to suggest corrective action.
• Exemplary communication, influence and negotiation skills are required in order to work effectively with a variety of people, and foster teamwork.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, allowing the candidate to build presentations, sell sheets, and deliver and respond to detailed correspondence.
• Seasoned organization, reasoning, judgment and problem-solving skills are necessary in order to coordinate multiple projects, resolve problems, and represent J. Lohr.
• Knowledge and enjoyment of wine and wine culture, varietals, appellations, food pairings, etc.
• Driver’s license with a driving record that is acceptable to the winery’s insurance carrier.
• Willingness to travel with overnight stays as needed.
• Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
• Residence in or near Dallas, with a working knowledge of the Texas (and preferably Louisiana) markets.