At Folio, employees with a proven track record of success are considered Stunning Colleagues. We seek to have an organization filled with Stunning Colleagues. We’ve found a Folio Stunning Colleague will possess the following characteristics:
Passionate – displays a true interest in their profession and Folio
Driven – completes tasks, achieves goals, doesn’t give up
Leader – behaves with confidence that inspires others to be better
Curious – routinely questions process or methods to find better ways of doing things; always wants to learn
Optimistic – approaches problems or day to day work in a welcoming and positive manner
Accountable – takes ownership of their duties and responsibilities
Collaborative – enjoys and welcomes opportunities to work with others and listens to ideas from colleagues
Flexible – understands and is able to shift direction or priorities on a regular basis
Creative – thinks outside the box to find new or better ways to do things
Listens – takes time to actively listen to and understand the true needs of a customer before beginning work
Strives for Mutual Success – gives credit to others, demonstrates desire for others to succeed as much as or more than self
This hourly position works Monday through Friday, 8 - 5 and will provide administrative support with a high level of initiative, discretion, accuracy and attention to detail. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, screening and handling correspondence, telephone calls and visitors, expense reporting, and scheduling and maintaining a calendar of meetings, appointments and travel itineraries.
Administrative Support (45%)
• Complete expense reports to ensure they are submitted in a timely fashion into Concur. Immediately following the close of a trip, collect all receipts and information and initiate expense report. Research & obtain missing receipts. Be trained by and work with bookkeeper to ensure complete and accurate allocation of expense reporting.
• Coordinate bulk wine & grape purchase agreements, assist with data gathering for invoice generation and payment approvals, research equipment/barrels, schedule appointments with vendors & clients.
• Be prepared for meetings, come with prioritized list and supporting material to facilitate a proactive, concise and complete meeting.
• Be forward thinking of upcoming events and timelines required to ensure calm execution.
• Generate thank you and follow up notes based on market work.
• Handle special requests for information, tours, wine purchases, etc. for clients, strategic partners, and friends/colleagues.
Email Management (25%)
• Manage high volume of emails paying particular attention to emails from Mondavi family members, CEO, and VP of HR. Communicate deadlines & action items requiring follow up/response.
• Maintain Outlook contacts, manage incoming calls, mail & correspondence.
Calendar & Travel Management (20%)
• Manage calendar insuring complete & accurate information for appointments (including transit time) are on calendar. Make sure to provide necessary meeting materials in advance.
• Coordinate travel with Folio Sales team, confirm proper market work is established based on provided guidelines.
• Coordinate travel and schedules, schedule monthly calendar meetings to coordinate schedules. Send weekly calendar updates as requested.
• Work with designated travel agent to provide all travel arrangements & detailed itinerary in Outlook.
Private Residence Management & Support (10%)
• Coordinate maintenance at private residences, communicating back any questions or comments.
• Process invoices for the Carriage House.
• Provide PA support.
Other Administrative Duties (5%)
• Work closely with the Administrative Team to coordinate and communicate Family schedules and activities.
• Provide back up support the Folio admin team as needed (i.e. wine closet, vacation coverage)
• Coordination of Wine donations upon family request.
• Maintain up to date files.
Education/Experience: Business college-level coursework and/or equivalent experience. Minimum 2-4 years of increasingly responsible administrative experience with an understanding of and ability to provide exceptional customer service.
Skills: Excellent computer software and transcription skills, including MS Outlook, Word, and intermediate in Excel. Outstanding skills managing and organizing Outlook, email and contacts. Exceptional interpersonal skills, telephone manners, English communication skills (verbal and written). Able to deal effectively with all types (levels) of individuals representing the company with key business contacts. Experience in handling sensitive and confidential personal, legal and corporate matters. Must possess a calm and proactive demeanor, able to juggle multiple competing tasks and be a creative problem solver. Must have demonstrated experience providing an exceptional level of customer service. Must possess a calm and proactive demeanor, able to juggle multiple competing tasks while being a creative problem solver.
Knowledge: Office and administrative organization and procedures. Prefer someone who has a solid working knowledge of California wines.
Physical: Able to sit at a computer for a minimum of two-hour increments, type on a keyboard. Able to lift and carry 41 lbs. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive between locations and run errands, as needed. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
EOE. No Phone Calls, No Recruiters.