At Folio, employees with a proven track record of success are considered Stunning Colleagues. We seek to have an organization filled with Stunning Colleagues. We’ve found a Folio Stunning Colleague will possess the following characteristics:
Passionate – displays a true interest in their profession and Folio
Driven – completes tasks, achieves goals, doesn’t give up
Leader – behaves with confidence that inspires others to be better
Curious – routinely questions process or methods to find better ways of doing things; always wants to learn
Optimistic – approaches problems or day to day work in a welcoming and positive manner
Accountable – takes ownership of their duties and responsibilities
Collaborative – enjoys and welcomes opportunities to work with others and listens to ideas from colleagues
Flexible – understands and is able to shift direction or priorities on a regular basis
Creative – thinks outside the box to find new or better ways to do things
Listens – takes time to actively listen to and understand the true needs of a customer before beginning work
Strives for Mutual Success – gives credit to others, demonstrates desire for others to succeed as much as or more than self
This position is responsible for supporting the Regional Sales Director to achieve sales volume, distribution, and pricing performance within New York State for all Folio wine brands. Responsible for directing and training distributor organizations to execute all aspects of Folio Fine Wine Partners sales and marketing programs within the assigned territory. Manage key accounts within the geography leading/influencing distributor field sales activity. Work in concert with distributor sales teams to activate company brand plans with frequent market inspection to identify opportunities and pinpoint areas of deficiency.
Business Management Execution (40%)
• Deliver on financial performance for the territory; analyze performance to address variances and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
• Recommend and implement effective pricing strategies, possess knowledge of pricing models, structures and discounting patterns.
• Lead creation and implementation of programming across distributor network. Develop, oversee and monitor sales and depletion goals within assigned territory to ensure annual plan achievement.
• Effectively manage and communicate distributor inventory levels across multiple markets maintaining par levels to ensure in-stock status and achievement of annual plan targets.
• Participate in distributor general sales and team meetings throughout territory.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with senior distributor management to inspire and influence important business issues.
• Work with key influencers to ensure alignment and execution of FFWP priorities.
• Conduct regular business reviews with distributor management throughout territory to include depletions, value, accounts sold, profitability and program ROI.
• Active involvement in annual top-to-top business reviews with key distributor partners.
Market Sales & Key Account Relationships (30%)
• Achieve sales plans by developing, cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key buyers, leverage relationships to explore new business opportunities.
• Use internal and external resources to identify and target Top 50 accounts in territory that can make a difference in achieving sales goals for the key brands.
• Maintain/Review distributor master and key account contact list for the territory.
Supplier Market Work (15%)
• Maintain relationship with all FFWP suppliers that allows for transparent and collaborative discussion of any business issue.
• Ensure market tours are productive and effective use of supplier’s time, coordinate activities with distributor confirming dates and objectives are provided in a timely manner.
• Ensure proper inventory, programming, incentives are in place to support.
• Develop a strong team of leaders, improving current performance and encouraging and allowing for growth, development and innovation.
• Align everyone across the team with FFWP mission and vision, as well as Folio’s Culture.
• Cultivate cross department relationships to ensure cohesiveness, strong communication and alignment throughout the company allowing for exceptional business results.
• Actively develop your own Leadership style, knowledge and skillset.
• Provide feedback to Sales Leadership and Marketing on market issues, opportunities, changes, gaps, challenges and competitive activity.
• Ensure timely review and submission of distributor invoices, expense and market recap reporting. Adhere to T&E budgets.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining professional networks.
• Utilize Trade Pulse to understand brand health and needs; develop action plans for business opportunities to increase sales.
Education/Experience: College degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related discipline. Must have 5-7 years experience in selling wines through multi-tiered distribution channels. Must have experience managing distributor and budgets.
Skills: Excellent public speaking and presentation skills. Able to set and achieve goals; and have strong organizational skills. Must possess strong listening and excellent sales skills. Solid intermediate level finance skills, good math skills and an effective meeting facilitator.
Knowledge: Passion, solid understanding and appreciation for wine and the wine industry.
Physical: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and both domestic and international travel (including overnight stays). Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
EOE. No Phone Calls, No Recruiters