Position: Retail Operations Manager
Talon Wine Brands produces and markets a broad range of wines across several brands, all made in Palisade, the heart of Colorado’s dramatically scenic Fruit and Wine Country. Our 3 brands are Meadery of the Rockies, Talon Winery and St. Kathryn Cellars. We make great, award-winning, unique and very popular wines. We are seeking a Full-time Retail Operations Manager to run our Direct-To-Consumer activities and collaborate with our management team at a high level to create optimal success for the company and our customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure excellence in the entire customer experience at our physical locations and online.
• Oversee all aspects of Retail Operations: both buildings; all three tasting rooms; Wine Club & Shipping.
• Lead, manage, hire, train & mentor all staff within the department to build, support and encourage a consistently positive, strong, effective and efficient team culture.
• Understand, manage and be able to train others how to function effectively and efficiently with our DTC sales system software and hardware.
• Understand and actively support our mission, ideology, core values and company-wide systems, policies and procedures.
• Maintain and model professionalism.
Requirements – The successful Candidate must be:
• Experienced in managing and leading others in a retail and/or hospitality environment with a proven track record of success
• An effective communicator with very strong written and verbal skills
• Strong computer and technology skills. Competent/familiar with Office programs and Windows.
• A team player who works well with a wide variety of people and is very customer focused
• A positive, solution-oriented person with a high level of personal integrity
• Self-motivated, highly responsible and self-accountable
• Willing and able to work most weekends and holidays
• Physically fit - Walk and act swiftly and with purpose, full time. Able to lift 50 lbs regularly.
• Receptive to coaching and professional development
Preferred Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• A student of leadership and management with an understanding of servant leadership
• Desire and ability to develop others professionally and personally
• Experience with marketing and sales
• Basic understanding of computer networks, wireless & WIFI connectivity
• Experience with E-Commerce and/or POS hardware and software systems
• Graduate or Undergraduate degree preferred, AA acceptable as well
• Have fun while working in our fun, fast-paced, family-like but highly focused culture
• Learn and gain valuable experience
• Be part of our successful & growing company
• Professional and personal training & development
• Discounts on wine, fudge, food and gifts
Compensation at Talon Wine Brands is competitive. Starting salary for this position is $52,000-$55,000, DOE and qualifications, plus paid time off and an End of Year Profit Sharing Bonus, if applicable.
IF YOU THINK YOU MAY BE THE ONE FOR THIS POSITION:
1. Write a paragraph/cover letter indicating your level of interest and why you think you're the one.
2. Attach, submit or include your resume.
$52,000 - $55,000, DOE and Qualifications