Are you looking for an exciting leadership opportunity? Are you passionate about the Wine & Spirits industry? The Cellar Master at Estancia Winery is responsible for day to day management of all cellar operations to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency and the high quality of all wines produced. As the Cellar Master you will also be expected to conduct cellar activities if necessary, do to being short staffed, or if the production schedule is at risk.
* Direct Cellar personnel, activities, materials and supplies budgeting and purchasing.
* Hire, develop and supervise personnel to complete Cellar programs within departmental budgets.
* Assist in management of Cellar maintenance and repair, and appropriate capital projects
* Execute disciplinary actions when necessary
* Collaborate with Winemaking on weekly and daily planning of Cellar production
* Partner with Winemakers, Maintenance, Compliance to develop and maintain the long-term work plan for the winery
* Identify capacity limitations in Cellar equipment and facilities. Recommend alternatives
* Ensure Cellar personnel follow standard operating procedures
* Oversee inventories of Cellar equipment, materials and supplies
* Conduct safety meetings to ensure safe practice and conduct are maintained always, conducts hazardous materials training; rectify problems identified by Safety Committee
* Assist in the development, training, and updating of Cellar SOPs, forms, metrics, etc.
* Research new equipment, procedures, best practices, etc. when necessary and develop recommendations
* Support the installation and implementation of new cellar winemaking equipment; coordinating with key stakeholders and follow the Management of Change (MoC) process
* Understand the winery's hazardous material and safety procedures and ensure adherence to these procedures when and where applicable
* Bachelor's degree
* 3+ years Cellar experience with knowledge of major aspects of wine production, personnel supervision, scheduling work flow, equipment maintenance, and procedural practice and development
* Ability to work flexible schedule, especially during harvest
* Knowledge of Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade (TTB) regulations
* Strong analytical skills, good written/verbal communication
* Proven leadership skills
* Experience with database software systems
* Strong abilities in Excel, especially pivot tables and graphs, data mining and manipulation, and modeling
* Master's degree
* Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) communication skills preferred
* Experience with AS400 database or equivalent wine tracking database
* Strong self-starting/motivational skills
* Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement techniques
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Work Environment:
+ Works outdoors/indoors
+ Works in warm/cold climates
+ Works in high places
+ Works on wet surfaces
+ Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
+ Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
+ Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
+ Primary office environment may be warehouse distribution setting
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).