Dunham Cellars seeks a dynamic, passionate wine professional to manage our tasting room. The ideal candidate possesses expert customer service, leadership, and communication skills to help sell and promote the wines and image of Dunham Cellars through high-touch daily tasting experiences, staff training/management, and multiple events. Attention to detail, ability to connect with guests, clear written/verbal communication, and fostering a positive and productive team environment are critical skills.
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the tasting room, including providing memorable and educational tasting experiences that translate into increased wine sales and club memberships, point-of-sale operation, scheduling and staffing, and performing daily opening/closing activities.
2. Manage and lead tasting room staff through the hiring cycle, training, mentoring, scheduling, and meetings.
3. Schedule and coordinate group tasting events.
4. Assist other management staff in the planning and execution of large events, including annual event weekends.
5. Manage merchandising, including sourcing and purchasing.
6. Help create and execute goals and budgets for departmental revenues and expenses.
7. Help create and execute strategies for increasing tasting room visitations.
8. A deep understanding and ability to enthusiastically communicate our history, winemaking style, wines and winery stories.
9. Coordinate proper communication with customers, staff, and management regarding any tasting room needs, inventory, tours and VIP tastings.
10. Keep current on trends and changes in the DtC and tasting room worlds.
11. Assist with local sales as needed.
12. Other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum two years tasting room management experience, as well as abilities to handle and lift up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and work weekends and occasional holidays.
Interested parties please submit cover letter and resume.