Location: Soledad, CA (Central Coast)
Monterey Pacific, Inc. (MPI) provides professional applied agricultural expertise for vineyards located in the Central Coast Region of California. Our team is composed of intelligent, self-motivated, experienced, world-class experts in the field of viticulture. They are encouraged to examine all possibilities and solutions, no matter how unorthodox or counter-intuitive they might appear. From the onset, our employees are empowered with flexibility and encouraged to become interchangeable. We believe that success is an infinite resource attainable by all.
Working alongside the Vineyard Manager and Vineyard Team, the PCA will be responsible for monitoring vine health and determining preventative and corrective actions.
• Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to converse with all employees
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in fast paced environment
• Good computer skills with the ability to keep accurate records
• Leads by example (strong work ethic) and fosters an environment of trust and respect
• Interacts in an effective and positive manner
• Provides timely feedback to Vineyard Manager and Supervisor on a daily basis
• Monitors sprayer performance and brings suggestions for improvements
• Inspect 3,500 acres of vineyards for pests, diseases, weeds and nutritional problems
• Maintain spray program and provide recommendations
• Enter Recs into farming software and distribute monthly reports to the county
• Enter field check observations into farming software to ensure compliance with Sustainability Certification standards
• Train and manage the Vineyard Scout
• Monitor chemical storage areas to ensure they are organized and clean to prevent safety hazards
• Assist with Harvest activities, including sampling
• Must be able to work on foot for long periods of time
• Use of hands, kneel, crouch, talk, good vision and hearing
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
• B.S. in Agricultural Science, preferably with an emphasis in I.P.M., Entomology, Plant Protection or Plant Pathology.
• Active PCA license with appropriate categories
• At least two years’ experience as PCA
• Must be highly familiar with computers, including database management, spreadsheets and word processing
• Bilingual (English-Spanish) is preferred
• Competitive Salary (DOE)
• Company vehicle for work and commuting
• 401K, Medical, and Dental coverage
Monterey Pacific, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.