The Production Winemaker is a hands-on position that is responsible for all aspects of production, from daily cellar work to the overall management and coordination of winemaking for a 4,000 case facility. This individual would be responsible for wine product quality by managing all wine processing, would participate in the development of strategies to accomplish the financial goals of the winery, and would positively represent the brand, including travel for marketing purposes.
The Production Winemaker will be responsible for the production operation and maintenance of the winemaking facility and should possess the following capabilities:
- Have a working knowledge of all pieces of winemaking and cellar equipment.
- Have working knowledge of all winemaking and cellar procedures.
- Ability to work daily in the cellar especially during harvest. Remaining time spent in administrative and marketing tasks for the company.
- Responsible for procuring all winemaking supplies.
- Maintain complete and accurate records as they relate to wine inventory and processing.
- Ability to collaborate with Vineyard management on viticultural decisions throughout the year and assess fruit for harvest decisions.
Ideal Candidate will have:
Five or more year’s production winemaking
Developed Management experience and strong people skills
Ability to work extended hours as needed
Ability to travel as needed