OBJECTIVE: The Visitor Center Supervisor is critical to running the Mumm Napa tasting room by creating exceptional experiences for our guests. We are looking for someone who is high energy, thrives in a fast-paced environment, sales goal driven, has a passion for wine education, is a natural leader and willing to coach and mentor team members. Above all, a love for hospitality and working on a team is a must. You will help the Assistant Manager and the Manager run one of the most adored tasting experiences in wine country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures that staff operates according to Mumm Napa standards for professionalism, hospitality, customer service, sales, and wine club sign-ups.
• Leads by example by following as well as enforcing policies and procedures with tasting room staff members.
• Coaches hospitality staff on effective sales techniques to increase conversion rates and meet set business objectives such as sales, wine club sign ups and other defined performance targets. Communicates daily sales targets and motivates the team to reach set goals.
• Responsible for daily set-up appearance of all areas of the tasting experience.
• Assigned to opening and/or closing for each business day and may help to ensure that cash accounting is correct and complete on each business day.
• Responds to customer requests, suggestions, and feedback. Acts as first point of escalation for customer service and employee issues.
• Dynamic in driving for continuous improvement. Shares with Managers and co-workers, ideas and suggestions from guests, staff and their own observations.
• Assists in staff hiring, orientation, training, supervising and evaluating performance.
• Follows and understands wine inventory control procedures. Oversee daily balance of wine inventory and restock orders.
• Maintains secure environment at close of day, ensuring final security and alarming of the Visitors Center and Winery.
• Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers and accounting for daily sales.
• Assists with hospitality special events, special wine tastings, and VIP luncheons/dinners.
• Performs bar and/or cashier duties as requested
• Answer phones when necessary and understand where to direct incoming calls
• Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Stays current on recent wine reviews, industry issues.
• Learn about other wineries and their wines; use that information to recommend other wineries with great tasting experiences for our guests.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to read, write and speak English; bilingual any other language a plus.
• Knowledge of wine & wine production as would normally be attained through 1-3 years of experience in the wine industry.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Some college level education preferred, specifically in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations.
• Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills required.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs) on a repeated basis.
• Position entails excessive standing and walking, and considerable bending.
• The hospitality/tasting room requires an experienced public contact person able to consistently maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image.
• Job requires the ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends