Talley Vineyards is seeking a full-time cellar worker to join our winemaking team. Talley Vineyards is a family owned and operated winery that specializes in estate grown chardonnay and pinot noir ideally suited for the climate and soils of the Arroyo Grande and Edna Valleys. This position receives, blends, processes, and filters wine daily as well as provides clean up of equipment and follows the lead of the cellar master.
Key Job Functions and Responsibilities
• Under moderate supervision, performs basic, routine cellar tasks including but not limited to:
• Proper set up, use, sanitation, and maintenance of all cellar equipment
• Basic wine movements - empty and fill tanks and barrels, top barrels, transfer wine, load and unload tanker trucks, etc
• Operate and maintain equipment such as pumps, plate and frame filter, and crush equipment
• Forklift operations with barrels and case goods
• Follow and observe all safety guidelines for cellar operations
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Get along with others and show respect to all.
• Speak /Read /Write English
• Spanish language skills a plus
• Forklift skills
• Flexible and adaptable to changing schedules
• Ability to work long hours during harvest and bottling seasons
• Attention to detail
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, to take direction then work independently
• Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
• Ability to stand for long hours
• Willingness to increase knowledge of winery cellar activities: sanitation, wine movements, barrel work, filtration, bottling
• Willingness and ability to increase knowledge about using and maintaining winery equipment: pumps, harvest equipment, forklifts, etc.
This is a full-time position. The standard work schedule is 7AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday, December-July. During the harvest season, August to November, the schedule varies.