Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
Assist and support financial reporting, month-end close activities, account reconciliations, and audit support.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Bank Reconciliations
• Ensure accuracy of all bank balances.
• Research any variances and book correcting entries as needed.
• Assist, as needed, to issue credit adjustments to customers
• GAAP accounting applied to cash overdrafts
• Audit support, confirmations, and footnote disclosures
Month-End Close Process / Journal entries:
• Preparation and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards, as assigned.
• Work with various departments and related party companies to ensure accruals and reclasses are processed in a timely manner.
• Prepare account reconciliations on a consolidated basis and propose adjusting entries as needed
• Other Tasks as assigned
• Prepare reports and schedules necessary to support audit and tax requirements
• Prepare confirmations and footnote disclosures, as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices. Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence. Commitment to excellence and high standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees. Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with positive attitude. Show great attention to detail.
Computer Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel PowerPoint. JD Edwards and/or Hyperion or similar accounting software experience highly preferred but not required.