Corliss Estates is looking for an assistant vineyard manager to join our team and assist the daily farming operations at our estate vineyards on Red Mountain and the surrounding Yakima Valley. We began farming on Red Mountain with 40 acres in 2008 and have steadily grown to farm over 300 acres of vines between Red Mountain Vineyard, Blackwood Canyon Vineyard, Canyons Red Mountain Vineyard, and Blackrock Vineyard. We strive to farm at the highest levels of quality for our own estate brands, Corliss Estates, Tranche, and Secret Squirrel, as well as a selection of other top tier Washington wineries.
The Assistant Vineyard Manager will have a daily presence on Red Mountain and will lead vineyard activities at the direction of the Vineyard Manager. This position will require familiarity will all aspects of vineyard management, with special focus on pest scouting and water management. We are a growing company, and there is significant opportunity for career advancement for the right candidate.
• Ensure the day-to-day vineyard operations are completed safely and efficiently within production and quality goals
• Coordinate activities of labor crews, equipment operators and other related personnel
• Work with the vineyard manager and viticulturist to ensure that fruit quality and production goals are achieved
• Implementation of safety and compliance programs
Experience: Must have hands-on experience in:
• Managing vineyard labor crews
• Vineyard safety and compliance
• Operation and maintenance of tractors and other farm equipment
• Mowing and cultivation of vineyards
• Safe and effective application of pesticides, fungicides and herbicides
• Trellis installation and maintenance
• Irrigation installation and maintenance
• Frost protection
• Planting, pruning, and training of grapevines
• Vineyard harvesting
• Keeping accurate records of vineyard operations
• Minimum 3 years hands on experience in all phases of viticulture, vineyard management and development
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Good written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
• Ability to manage changing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, seasonal night duties, and periodic overtime.
• Must have a valid Driver’s license with clean driving record.