Banshee Wines launched in 2009 with eight barrels of coveted Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. The initial intent was to make wines that tasted like the best California had to offer at a price at which everyone could enjoy them. Over the years, we developed strong relationships with owners and growers of some of the best and most sought-after vineyards in Sonoma, working in lock step with them to produce wines of depth, purity and balance. Banshee is looking for a Grower Relations Manager who will be responsible for locating and sourcing grapes for wine programs by building/maintaining relationships with growers and monitoring all aspects of grape production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Liaison between winery and growers, providing education/guidance on market conditions, quality standards and viticulture practices.
• Work cross functionally with crush facilities, winemaking and trucking to schedule/monitor picks and grape deliveries.
• Source grapes to supply new programs/replace expired contracts. Develop new business opportunities from both supply and demand perspectives.
• Negotiate grape purchase agreements and grower contract terms; develop pricing and sourcing structures.
• Ensure grape quality standards and wine styles targets are achieved.
• Oversee vineyards, vineyard practices, and developments throughout the year. (Pruning, thinning, suckering, leaf thinning, green drop, veraison, cluster weights, crop estimates, pest and disease pressure.
• Produce and maintain vineyard records on viticultural practices, yields and grape quality.
• Ensure application of policies and procedures; make recommendations for change, and implement approved changes.
• Professional, knowledgeable, and reliable representation of the company
• Minimum 10 years experience in Vineyard Grower Relations, AG Policy, Agricultural Business, Vineyard Management or related field.
• Valid California driver’s license and successful completion of background check; required to travel to various sites by car to satisfy daily job requirements.
• Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to work long hours during peak season.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Self-starter, effectively manage of time/priorities, multitasking
• Strong negotiation skills
• Comfortable working on an individual basis, as well as a team player
• Well versed in wine grape market and industry
• Extensive knowledge of viticulture and vineyard practices
• Willingness to travel and work long and off hours
Foley Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer